1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Social Network

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Alma, Oct 1, 2010.

1. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

People here will like it. Very much, I predict.

2. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

I don't think it would be possible for Fincher and Sorkin to make a bad movie.

3. Mizzougrad96

Isn't Jesse Eisenberg related to the kid who does Fantasy Football for CBS Sportsline?

4. shockey

shockey Active Member

and they each have a strong following on SportsJournalists.com.

5. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

Alma likes this

6. Mizzougrad96

98 percent on Rotten Tomatoes

The Town, which I loved, was 95 percent.

7. JayFarrar

JayFarrar Well-Known Member

Three "rotten" reviews. One being from professional naysayer Armond White, whose only purpose in life is to write negative reviews of critical and commercial hits.

Best guess is The Social Network or True Grit takes home best picture.

8. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

I had to check IMDB; I had no idea there was a remake of True Grit coming out. With the Coen brothers doing it and Jeff Bridges in the lead, I have a feeling this will be one of the few remakes that improves on the original. For sure it will have more, well, grit.

9. Mizzougrad96

It's way to early to be talking about who's going to win what, since most of the films that are supposed to contend don't come out until November and December, but I have a pretty good feeling that three of the 10 films nominated will be Inception, The Social Network and The Town and I'd probably add Toy Story 3 to that list as well.

10. Lugnuts

Lugnuts Well-Known Member

Some genre-combining film called 'Never Let Me Go' is supposed to get an Oscar nom, too.

Appears art house but is also sci fi ?? It just looks weird to me.

Can't wait to see The Social Network this weekend. With munchkins in the house, I rarely see a movie in the theater these days.... But for this, I'll make it a point.

11. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

For five of the nine years I worked at a summer camp, Zuckerburg was a camper.

The camp had a reunion this summer and a few people were there from his era, and ironically, no one can remember anything about him.

There were 500 campers, so it was easy to be forgettable, but it is a little ironic.

12. Dyno

Dyno Well-Known Member

As I posted on the "Last movie I watched" thread after I saw this a few weeks ago, I liked it a lot. And you come out of it thinking Mark Zuckerberg is a douchebag.

Draft saved Draft deleted