1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Soccer Thread (Version 9)

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Webster, Jul 18, 2018.

1. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

There was quite the fuss about 15 years ago when Michelle Wie played in some PGA events.

2. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

Same thing when Annika Sorenstam played the Byron Nelson.

3. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

4. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

Juve signs De Ligt -- they really have to be considered top 2 or 3 for the Big Cup.

5. TrooperBari

TrooperBari Well-Known Member

The draw for Asian qualifying for 2022 (and the 2023 Asian Cup) was yesterday. Spicy draws like these are part of what makes soccer in Asia so much fun to watch.

Group A: China v Philippines (Scarborough Shoal derby)
    Group C: Iran v Iraq
    Group D: Saudi Arabia v Yemen (Palestine, too)
    Group G: a mini-AFF Cup with Vietnam, Thailand, Malaysia, and Indonesia
    Group H: South Korea v North Korea

6. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

Got my ticket for Aug. 24 ... about 10 rows up from the field, near midfield. Only £36. So freaking pumped.

7. Webster

Don’t do what I did on our trip to London last year and think that the match which you bought tickets for was on Sunday. Watching Match of the Day after a Saturday of sightseeing provided a rude awakening.

8. TrooperBari

TrooperBari Well-Known Member

Good get. Hope you have fun. I went to lower-league games (one Championship, one League One) when I visited London, but if Watford is anything like the clubs I saw, eating before the game will save you and your wallet a fair bit of grief. My love of pies only extends so far.

9. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

I planned on getting to town well ahead of kickoff to find some pubs to pregame in, will probably eat there. Appreciate the tip!

10. Webster

11. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

12. Webster

Zidane must really hate him. I get the reports that he hasn't completely bought into to the Real Madrid way, but it's not like Zidane was some sort of trophy magnet at a player for the team.

Draft saved Draft deleted