1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Soccer Thread (Version 9)

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Webster, Jul 18, 2018.

1. Twirling Time

Twirling Time Well-Known Member

Wolves are an amazing story, but the "Little 14" championship race is pretty tight still with 5 teams (Wolves, Watford, West Ham, Leicester, Everton) 4 points apart and Bournemouth closely behind. Wolves' form hasn't been great lately either, with just one win in their last 5 league matches (6 total points pulled).

2. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

Ole gets the gig permanently. Between this and Zidane at RM, Spurs have to be feeling really good.

3. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

Watford thoroughly outplayed ManU and lost 2-1. Need to find finishers. So many chances right around the box.

4. Webster

They were the better team in the second half, especially box to box, but didn’t really threaten De Gea until the garbage time goal. Mata and Matic looked awful and neither Pogba nor Herrera were close to good.

5. typefitter

typefitter Well-Known Member

Burnley!

For the first time in my life, I will be cheering for Chelsea tomorrow.

6. typefitter

Burnley also achieved that rare statistical anomaly: a 2-0 win while recording a single shot on target.

7. Webster

Brutal missed offsides on the first Chelsea goal. Warnock might have an aneurysm

8. Webster

They haven’t shown a good replay yet, but Salah looked off on the winner.

Edit:: he was clearly on

Last edited: Mar 31, 2019
  9. typefitter

I feel bad that Cardiff got so badly screwed, but I needed them to lose for Burnley's survival, so... Life is complicated.

Webster likes this.
  10. Webster

The slobbering or Van Dijk's play on the 2 v 1 is really out of control. He did a fine job but Sissoko had a clear shot on goal and simply gagged.

Michael_ Gee likes this.
  11. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

This was nice.

12. Webster

Ole at the wheel hit a big pothole today.

Draft saved Draft deleted