1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Soccer Thread (Version 9)

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Webster, Jul 18, 2018.

1. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

50 minutes to go before the transfer deadline in the EPL and fuck all nothing has happened.

2. Twirling Time

Twirling Time Well-Known Member

Ings has gone to Southampton on loan.

3. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

In terms of big news, the transfer window closed during the World Cup, when Pogba's performance convinced Mourinho to keep him. A Pogba deal would've been the catalyst for a lot of other action. Also, I think the big clubs approached possible transfers with the idea "will this guy give us a realistic shot of beating City" and concluding "there is no such guy except maybe Messi."

4. typefitter

typefitter Well-Known Member

Southampton are lucky to have him. I think he can be a great player and he's maybe the nicest man in football. Hope he has a great season.

5. typefitter

I almost can't believe the EPL season starts today. My weekend mornings are now planned till spring.

6. Webster

I guess no new Ted Lasso for the year?

I unfortunately have a call during the second half of the game and I’ve learned that I’m no good with the TV on.

7. Webster

Job done by United. Fred looked the part and Bailly was a beast.

8. Twirling Time

Twirling Time Well-Known Member

Pogba is the T.O. of football. A zero-sum player. He’s good for one booking every match and will threaten to get sent off, then he’ll haul off and score a late goal to rescue a point or three. While dividing the clubhouse.

9. TrooperBari

TrooperBari Well-Known Member

ESPN+ now also has the Dutch, Chinese, and Australian top leagues. Watching the A-League is a good way for those who want to relive what MLS was like during its 2.0 days.
    ESPN+ Acquires Broadcast Rights to Hyundai A-League in the United States

10. typefitter

Not a great start to the year for Fulham. Newly returned to the EPL, spent a boatload over the summer, and losing at home to Crystal Palace. Yikes.

But at least one of the best stadiums in football is back on my TV.

11. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

This will make Bristol very happy. They might eventually get over 100,000 subscribers.

12. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

The Hornets looked fucking fabulous today.

Draft saved Draft deleted