1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Soccer Thread (Version 9)

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Webster, Jul 18, 2018.

1. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

Liverpool is leaking. Man City should win the league.

In related news, City scored six goals today. Huddersfield has scored 14 the entire season.

2. typefitter

typefitter Well-Known Member

Huddersfield are toast. Fulham, too, I expect. 18th will be a dog fight. Hoping it's Cardiff City.

3. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

Agüero had the miss of the season, clanged a header off of the bar and still had a hat trick.

4. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

That wasn't even his worst miss of the game. He had a tap in of a wide open net before his first goal. He kicked it wide right. The header he missed would have been a highlight reel goal.

5. Webster

Sorry — poorcwriting by me. I meant that the tap in was the miss of the season.

Spartan Squad likes this.
  6. John B. Foster

John B. Foster Well-Known Member

7. Twirling Time

Twirling Time Well-Known Member

Brutal run of fixtures.

8. Webster

I wish that I could bet on the number of times that the announcers during the Man United-PSG pre-game/game will say something like “there’s something special about a European night at Old Trafford”.

9. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

No Neymar. no Cavani. ManU ought to have a two-goal lead after tonight's first leg.

10. Webster

If Phil Jones plays, they will concede.

Pretty good day to work from the home office so I can catch the match. The Bleacher Report app has been spotty for me.

11. Regan MacNeil

Regan MacNeil Well-Known Member

Yeah, about that ...

12. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

Not only is ManU down, but Pogba's done for the next leg after two yellows. Oops.

Draft saved Draft deleted