1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Soccer Thread (Version 9)

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Webster, Jul 18, 2018.

1. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

Huge win for Watford at Wolverhampton today ... No Deeney, no Holebas, no Kabasele. Win 2-0 with two goals 58 seconds apart in the first half. Huddersfield at home next week. Good chance to start a new streak.

2. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

Huddersfield is dreadful. Four goals in 10 matches. Back to Championship for them, it seems.

3. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

The helicopter carrying Leicester City’s owner looks like it crashed as he was leaving today’s game. Does not look good based on what I saw on Twitter.

4. typefitter

typefitter Well-Known Member

That definitely does not look good.

5. Webster

That was some Henry Blake shit right there

6. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

Oh no. Leicester's owner was killed in the crash. Just awful.

7. Twirling Time

Twirling Time Well-Known Member

Big world news, and barely a ripple in the States. Not sure what the U.S. equivalent would be because of what Leicester pulled off a few years ago. Maybe the owner of the Mets in 1972?

8. Hermes

Hermes Well-Known Member

I've only been on two helicopter rides in my life. Once in an emergency situation and once for work. Scared the shit out of me both times, despite being totally fine on an airplane. If I'm ever on one again, it's going to be a life or death situation.

9. Webster

This Man City-Spurs match is giving me flashbacks to Metrostars matches at Giants Stadium.

10. typefitter

Someone posted pictures of Chelsea v. Charlton Athletic from 2003 and that pitch was hell. It didn't take long for everyone to get used to pristine grass.

All that being said, this field, for such a big matchup, looks like absolute dogshit.

11. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

Didn't the Jags and Eagles just play at Wembley two days ago? There's your issue.

12. typefitter

Yeah, if you look at the pictures... you can see the faded NFL logo in the centre circle and the hashmarks are still on there.

Draft saved Draft deleted