1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Soccer Thread (Version 8)

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Inky_Wretch, Aug 2, 2013.

1. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Has anybody seen a full channel listing for this weekend's matches on DirecTV yet? I know United v. Swansea is on NBC, but that's it.

2. NoOneLikesUs

NoOneLikesUs Active Member

745 am Liverpool v Stoke NBCSN
    10 am Arsenal v Aston Villa NBCSN
    1230 pm Swansea v ManU NBC

Sunday
    830 am Palace v Spurs NBCSN
    11 am Chelsea v Hull NBCSN, mun2

Monday
    3 pm Man City v Newcastle NBCSN

The rest on NBC Sports Live Extra. I assume that's a streaming service.

3. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

Those was the type of predatoey goals which we rarely get. the first goal by Jozy was just fantastic where he had maybe a foot of space to get that shot off. Lil Bradley was fantastic as well.

4. Inky_Wretch

I thought DirecTV was going to have overflow channels available for all the matches.

5. NoOneLikesUs

NoOneLikesUs Active Member

491-495 will carry overflow matches. You have to have the Choice Xtra package though.

6. Inky_Wretch

Rooney starts the season on the bench for United. Surely a transfer is coming, right?

7. Corky Ramirez up on 94th St.

Corky Ramirez up on 94th St. Well-Known Member

I have to say that I will miss not hearing Ian Darke and Steve McManaman. Last year I really got into the Premier League for the first time, and a big part of it was those two. Hopefully whomever they use on the peacock networks will be good.

8. Webster

Arlo White is a generic guy with an accent. Darke is a wonderful PBP guy and he has great chemistry with Macca.

9. AtticusFinch

AtticusFinch Member

Can't say I'll miss Macca all that much, but definitely Darke.

10. Webster

On both the early and the late EPL games, it seemed that the audio was about a second ahead of the action.

11. spikechiquet

spikechiquet Well-Known Member

Are the announcers at the matches or are they calling it from a studio here? I haven't watched any matches yet today (but I did see Wigan lose thanks to an Italian TV station stream, so I got that going for me...).

12. Webster

White and Dixon said they were at the game. Not sure of the rest.

Draft saved Draft deleted