1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Soccer Thread (Version 8)

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Inky_Wretch, Aug 2, 2013.

1. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

Weekly, but it isn't up yet. James Richardson tweeted that they recorded a new one and it will be up today.

2. TrooperBari

TrooperBari Well-Known Member

Thanks. I'll have to keep an eye out for that.

Which soccer podcasts do folks here listen to? I frequent the Football Ramble, Football Weekly, Men in Blazers, Soccer Morning and The Best Soccer Show. The former Soccernet show was among my rotation, but there's too many shows to listen to at this point and ESPN FC (as it's now known) is a bit too sedate and doesn't break that much new ground.

3. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

Football Weekly, SI Soccer and Men in Blazers (although it sometimes gets too cute for me). I've never heard the Football Ramble, but will sample it.

4. TrooperBari

TrooperBari Well-Known Member

The Football Ramble is good fun, if a bit blokey at times. Doesn't take itself at all seriously. Also, sounds like we'll have to wait another 24 hours for the first Football Weekly of the season.
    https://twitter.com/guardian_sport/status/367216644957155328

5. kingcreole

kingcreole Active Member

My gawd ... Jozy Altidore. Assist and goal minutes apart to get the USMNT level in Bosnia. Other than a silly pass in the first half yards from the Bosnia goal when he should have shot, Altidore is having another outstanding game.

6. kingcreole

kingcreole Active Member

Altidore in beast mode. Hat trick and an assist. This has to be one of the best individual performances in USMNT history.

7. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Naturally, because I couldn't watch it today. Stupid meetings.

8. kingcreole

kingcreole Active Member

Two world-class goals from Altidore. Defense was picked apart, but Jozy was brilliant. That new kid from Iceland, Aron Johannsson I think is his name, looked pretty smooth too. Nearly scored after juking two defenders in the box and had great composure with the ball at his feet.

9. Inky_Wretch

That FK was fking brilliant.

http://www.starsandstripesfc.com/usmnt-friendlies/2013/8/14/4622250/jozy-altidore-goals-hat-trick-usa-vs-bosnia-video

10. Inky_Wretch

I love the Tartan Army so much.

http://deadspin.com/a-photo-tribute-to-drunk-scottish-fans-1141316242?

11. JosephC.Myers

JosephC.Myers Active Member

Wow. The U.S. men won? Have to admit I'd left them for dead down 2-0 at halftime. Looks like I need to go find the highlights.....

12. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

Damn impressive win for the U.S.

Draft saved Draft deleted