1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Soccer Thread (Version 8)

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Inky_Wretch, Aug 2, 2013.

1. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

I love this so, so much.

http://www.grantland.com/story/_/id/9529241/usmnt-new-york-s-magazine-greatest-photo-shoot-history

2. PCLoadLetter

PCLoadLetter Well-Known Member

Tremendous.

3. AtticusFinch

AtticusFinch Member

Juan Agudelo to leave the Revs for Stoke in January:

http://espnfc.com/news/story/_/id/1517821/juan-agudelo-join-stoke-city-january?cc=5901

4. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

United wins the Community Shield. Still not convinced they can compete for the title this season.

5. TrooperBari

TrooperBari Well-Known Member

Nice to see Moyes get to experience first-hand what lifting some silverware feels like, just for a change. I knew I was well-conditioned when I found it odd seeing Phil Neville in ManYoo colors.

-------------

Not a whiff of Bundesliga or Eredivisie on my Dish-connected TV, but since Qatar has apparently bought and annexed France, I am spoiled for Ligue 1 coverage. Guingamp's defending thus far wouldn't look out of place in the USL.

6. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

I know that I've written it here before, but I love the fact that after Phil Neville left for Everton, Gary insisted on having his uniform say "G. Neville" rather than just the last name.

United are in a precarious spot. I thing that they need to improve in the spine of midfield and at the fullback spot.

7. NoOneLikesUs

NoOneLikesUs Active Member

Anyone see how awful the Antigua Barracuda of the USL Pro League are doing? 0-24. Zero points. Negative 74 goal difference. 10 goals scored. I think there's a few more matches left too.

8. kingcreole

kingcreole Active Member

Landon Donovan with a hat trick at Dallas. Been a fun game to watch.

9. deskslave

deskslave Active Member

This feckless stupidity will be appearing at a ground near me Monday night. If all goes to plan, I'll be there, shaking my head at the idiocy of it all.

http://www.standard.co.uk/sport/football/messi-maradona-beckham-and-pele-line-up-for-conference-south-team-farnborough-fc-8759351.html

10. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

The Football Weekly podcast is back today, which means that the summer is almost over.

11. TrooperBari

6/8/12 USA 3-1 A&B
    10/12/12 A&B 1-2 USA

How quickly things change.

12. TrooperBari

Football Weekly or Football Ramble? I've seen the new Ramble, but FW is usually a Monday-Thursday thing.

Draft saved Draft deleted