1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Soccer Thread (Version 8)

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Inky_Wretch, Aug 2, 2013.

1. typefitter

typefitter Well-Known Member

Bournemouth just equalized! I couldn't actually hear the voices of individual fans for a few seconds there.

2. typefitter

Holy shit. Bournemouth just scored again in the span of four minutes. UPSET IN THE MAKING.

3. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

It was actually a pretty crazy day. Bournemouth upset Arsenal, and Manchester City just took its first loss of the season. I was a little disappointed there wasn’t any discussion here about it. I woke up this morning ready to watch some sports, and the EPL delivered in a big way.

Inky_Wretch likes this.
  4. typefitter

That Liverpool game was dynamite. All four Liverpool goals were fantastic in their own ways, and each was completely different from the other. I think they could be used to determine your personality type: Which one you liked best says something important about you.

(Firmino's, for the record. I think.)

Inky_Wretch likes this.
  5. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

6. SpeedTchr

SpeedTchr Well-Known Member

ManU finally looked like ManU today, in the rain. Three beautiful goals.

7. Twirling Time

Twirling Time Well-Known Member

So United gained 3 points on City at the weekend — and now only trail City by 12 points.

8. SpeedTchr

SpeedTchr Well-Known Member

I don't see any way City doesn't win the league. But stranger things have happened ;)

9. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

City would need at least 2 major injuries to have any sign of fading -- likely 2 of KdB, Aguero and Fernandinho, including Jesus still being out. they are just so deep and everyone is great.

10. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

Not sure the rush for United to sign Sanchez. I really like how their attackers are playing right now. I guess they need cover given that Ibra is probably through.

11. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

This game got me hooked on the PL for good. Was outstanding. Loved every minute of it.

12. typefitter

Ha, well, just don't expect 4-3 every time out. Do make sure you watch every game Jurgen Klopp manages. If you're a new fan looking for a team, Liverpool are great entertainment, big enough to be successful, but not so successful that they're hateful.

Of course, I support Burnley.

Draft saved Draft deleted