1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Soccer Thread (Version 8)

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Inky_Wretch, Aug 2, 2013.

1. UPChip

UPChip Well-Known Member

Hate to bust your chops, but except for when it isn't. I don't even like City and the final day in was one of the most amazing sporting events in my lifetime.

That said, the final day simulcast is something of a free gamble on NBC's part. Most of the feeds are just the standard international cut and if there's a big decision, whether it's a championship, top four or a relegation battle, then they come out ahead. Just drew a bad hand this time out.

2. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

Big Sam quits. Pretty strong redemption story even if I can't quite figure out why he was fired from the England job.

3. JohnHammond

JohnHammond Well-Known Member

Yeah, it's a mystery. :rolleyes:

4. Webster

I'm not saying he acted perfectly, but when you look at what he actually is reported to have said, it really isn't that bad.

Plus, he ordered a pint of wine when he met with the undercover reporters, which is a player's move.

5. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

A TV guy has perfect timing.

6. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

I was just about to post that. Hilarious.

7. Webster

Man United's gamble pays off. Ajax didn't really show up except for the defender Sanchez who unfortunately deflected the first goal.

8. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

9. Twirling Time

Twirling Time Well-Known Member

If Chelsea wins the double, do they play an intrasquad scrimmage for the Community Shield?

10. Webster

I assume that they play Spurs as the no. 2 team.

11. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

12. Webster

Tuchel is available although I wonder if Kronke would want to hire someone who just had an acrimonious departure.

Watch a lot of the playoff game yesterday and wasn't really impressed by either team. Huddersfield will need to make a bunch of changes if they hope to stay up.

Draft saved Draft deleted