1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Soccer Thread (Version 7.0)

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by TrooperBari, Aug 11, 2012.

1. kingcreole

kingcreole Active Member

All the sucking on Mexico's dicks for winning kiddie tournaments and an Olympic gold medal ... shit. Those mean NOTHING when it comes to the World Cup. Just like tonight's result. Well, for Mexico. For the USA, this could be the start of something neat through 2014. Klinsmann has led the team to wins at Italy and now Azteca.

Speechless.

2. Beaker

Beaker Active Member

Even though it was just a friendly, let's not forget that this was really a B-team. Who knows, maybe this can be a catalyst to better things.

3. NoOneLikesUs

NoOneLikesUs Active Member

JAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJA!!!

4. kingcreole

kingcreole Active Member

No Bocanegra, Dempsey, Altidore orCherundolo, and with a half-injured Donovan ... who else am I forgetting?

5. kingcreole

kingcreole Active Member

I've said it before - I love that Klinsmann has been willing to play at many CONCACAF nations. With wins now in Panama and Mexico, plus ties in Guatemala and Canada, the USA should feel pretty good about its chances in the Hexagonal.

6. UPChip

UPChip Well-Known Member

1. I wish I knew any Spanish at all. Going to be some interesting thoughts on that match from the Mexican press.
    2. If I were Mexico, my excuse would be Kyle Beckerman's hair. It would distract me, but I am concerned that he might switch sides and play for the Reggae Boyz during the Jamaica doubleheader.
    3. Ian Darke Twitter dispatch from the Azteca: ‏@IanDarkeESPN Showered with beer by angry Mexican fans as USA win at Azteca for first time I think it was beer anyway.

It probably wasn't beer. Well, at least not when it was thrown at you. Welcome to CONCACAF road games.

7. SalukiNC

SalukiNC Member

About time

8. Beaker

Beaker Active Member

Maybe not the history of the above named guys, but Holden as well, and maybe Chandler if he still wants to play for the USMNT.

9. rmanfredi

rmanfredi Active Member

It was a B-team win versus a B-team win. However, that does speak well for our depth - something that's been a major problem in past World Cup campaigns. If this is four years ago and we're playing with similarly weakened sides for both teams, the US loses badly.

10. kingcreole

kingcreole Active Member

Geezus ... fuck Mexico. FIFA should make them play in an empty stadium or in a neutral country next time the USA visits.

11. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

Eat a dick, Mexico. You just got beat inside your own fortress.

12. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

"The quarterback was dispossessed of the ball!"

Draft saved Draft deleted