1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Soccer Thread (Version 13) — Winter World Cup Edition

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Webster, Aug 5, 2022.

1. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

IMG_4359.jpeg

Inky_Wretch and Big Circus like this.
  2. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

Kenilworth Road is about half the size of Loftus Road, where I attended a game in March. That would barely be a PL level stadium if QPR would ever make its way back up. I can't imagine City going into Kenilworth Road for a damn PL match.

3. Regan MacNeil

Regan MacNeil Well-Known Member

A Mou team just took a 1-0 lead.

upload_2023-5-31_15-37-51.jpeg

4. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

Mou’s version of heaven is a one goal lead to defend in a big game. Camera on him even more than usual. Mind games with the 4th official. Over exaggerated directions to his players.

5. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

I love it. Of course, I also love it when the EPL sides have to travel to a minnow's home stadium in the FA Cup.

And if they don't turn that apartment building with a gate into the stadium into AirBnBs they are missing a HUGE moneymaker. I'd pay top dollar to stay there on a home matchday.

6. Regan MacNeil

Stoppage time at the end could be 2 minutes. He'll still be screaming it's too long.

7. Regan MacNeil

"I don't understand how the fourth official saw 2 minutes."

"There were 6 subs, Jose. Should have been 3 minutes."

"You don't know football."

Webster likes this.
  8. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

As badly as it went for him at Spurs, the content on the Amazon show was outstanding.

9. Twirling Time

Twirling Time Well-Known Member

If Luton Town can stay up a few years, they can use that EPL largesse to put a down payment on a modern football ground. Kenilworth Road is nice for League One (it would actually be a pleasure to attend a match there) but it's way too small for 19 EPL home fixtures.

SixToe and Inky_Wretch like this.
  10. Regan MacNeil

11. UPChip

UPChip Well-Known Member

I was considering a trip to Loftus Road in August before my trip got hampered by a medical issue. Mildly jealous, still.

12. Regan MacNeil

Speaking of mind games with the fourth official ...

Draft saved Draft deleted