1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Soccer Thread (Version 13) — Winter World Cup Edition

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Webster, Aug 5, 2022.

1. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Tottenham and AC Milan have both just now arrived for their Champions' League match that's supposed to kick in less than 30 minutes. Seems both got stuck in traffic.

2. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

Wonder if Conte lasts the season. He’s a short timer regardless and he’s not the type who seems pleasant to be around if there is (relatively) nothing to play for.

3. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

I had my gall bladder removed seven years ago. I was then older than Conte is now. I was back in my normal life within 24 hours. Now complications from surgery are always possible, and notable people lying about their real medical problems is also known to happen, but this Spurs fan has been wondering if Conte just gave up on the side and used his surgery as a reason for some "me time." A trial separation if you will.

4. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

They’re selling adult tickets for tonight’s West Ham Europa Conference League (or whatever it’s called) match for £15. If it wasn’t going to be 43 degrees and pissing rain, I’d consider it. Alas, I shall just pub hop and stay warm instead. Looks cold but dry for Watford-QPR on Saturday.

Inky_Wretch likes this.
  5. Webster

The Gary Lineker/BBC stuff is going to be interesting in the coming days.

6. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

The away pub energy for English matches is off the charts. Hanging out at Belushi’s in Shepherds Bush, headed to Loftus Road in a bit. Have already learned like three new songs. Spirits are high for Watford fans. We are eager for that new manager bounce (again). YOU ORNS!

Huggy and Inky_Wretch like this.
  7. Inky_Wretch

Maybe having Gio isn’t worth dealing with his parents.

thread …

8. Webster

Some of the Reyna family stuff is almost hilarious. I’d really love to know what Gio was told — whether he wasn’t going to start or whether he was was not really going to play at all. Neither justifies his apparent behavior but if it is the former, that’s especially petulant

9. Inky_Wretch

Or if his status changed as mom and dad showed their asses.

10. Webster

The agent of the Reyna’s mentioning the death of their son is just a chef’s kiss of a justification for their being complete assholes.

11. Inky_Wretch

12. Webster

Once you went past 32 teams, this was going to happen. You can’t have teams go home after 2 games and have the groups end with teams playing the final match with a strategic advantage. I worry that this is going to turn into a 64 team tournament very quickly.

Inky_Wretch likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted