1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Soccer Thread (Version 12) — Revenge of the Backup GK

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Webster, Aug 13, 2021.

1. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

Love that trays of grass will be trucked in to every turfed North American facility on cue in 2026.

Meanwhile, the women played in Canada seven years ago in facilities containing artificial turf, including Vancouver.

Small wonder that 40 women sued FIFA to make a point.

Screw FIFA.

2. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

Ha, yes. But it's not in March. Going to be 100 here today.

3. Donny in his element

Donny in his element Well-Known Member

Kansas City has fashioned itself into a soccer city that will support it in its many forms. That proved to overcome other perceived shortcomings.

4. UPChip

UPChip Well-Known Member

I believe FIFA takes control of those venues pretty early, so that would probably be a two-month-long road trip for the Jays.

HanSenSE likes this.
  5. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

12 years since the Landon goal. Someone sent me this today, which is from the opposite angle. Deuce would have regretted that chance for the rest of his life. And what a throw out by Timmy. It’s that throw and the hesitation by the defender after Landon’s loose touch which set it all up.

6. UPChip

UPChip Well-Known Member

You're right about the hesitation, but if the defender steps up and Landon beats him, it's now 4-on-1 the other way. The thing about this play that kind of boggles my mind is the chance on the other end. Algerian guy gets a free header in the box (and if he'd let it go, the guy behind him can volley it) and put it right into Timmy's breadbasket.

Webster likes this.
  7. Webster

The guy at the back post is so open. That angle shows you just how fast Timmy got rid of it — just a great play. I think that if the defender goes for it, he either breaks up the play or wipes Landon out.

8. TrooperBari

TrooperBari Well-Known Member

I'm not saying there's going to be a bounty out on Bale once he arrives in MLS, but you know physical this league can be at times....

9. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

This isn't one of those face-altering apps, is it?

10. Webster

Wales, Riviera, LAFC.

11. TrooperBari

TrooperBari Well-Known Member

12. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Draft saved Draft deleted