1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Soccer Thread (Version 11)

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Webster, Sep 12, 2020.

1. Regan MacNeil

Regan MacNeil Well-Known Member

Weston McKennie with a golazo at the Camp Nou.

Last edited: Dec 8, 2020
    Inky_Wretch likes this.
  2. Regan MacNeil

Regan MacNeil Well-Known Member

Both teams off the field in Paris. Apparently, the fourth official did a racism against an assistant coach.

UPChip likes this.
  3. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

That was crazy. Good to see the response.

Getting ready for more Thursday night Man United. If Ole survives this, he’s got pictures of Ed Woodward and the Glazers.

4. Webster

5. TrooperBari

TrooperBari Well-Known Member

6. Splendid Splinter

Splendid Splinter Well-Known Member

7. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

Pretty much sums up Arsenal's day

20201213_130615.jpg

UPChip likes this.
  8. Twirling Time

Twirling Time Well-Known Member

I'm not worried about MUropa. That will be their B team playing on Thursdays.

I'm also not concerned about them in the league. They sit joint sixth on points and do have a match in hand. More importantly, they lead the Noisy Neighbours by a point.

9. Webster

Tuchel out at PSG and Poch likely in. I guess the stars really hated him.

10. Webster

Man City-Everton postponed due to Covid more positives from Man City

11. PCLoadLetter

PCLoadLetter Well-Known Member

Anyone else listen to the Grant Wahl podcast series on Freddy Adu? The seventh (and final) episode dropped today.

Ultimately I found it pretty frustrating. It's incredibly thorough on the rise of Freddy the phenom, endless talk about his smile and charm, his rise to MLS... and it feels like the rest of his career gets about 5 minutes. It sets out to ask why he didn't turn out to be the transcendent figure that was predicted and whether people like Wahl owe him an apology for the hype... when the reality is he just wasn't any fucking good. They act like he was the victim of bad advice when the reality is he never found a pro league low enough for him to get playing time.

Maybe I just went in with certain expectations that weren't met. Wahl gets into issues like his conditioning and lack of defense. It just ultimately annoyed my that it felt like there were three hours on the first season with Washington in MLS and the other 13 teams in 12 years (or whatever it was) got barely a passing mention.

12. Webster

I listened and it was pretty good. Motivational and wrong career choices aside, when I watched him, I saw a luxury creative midfielder who wasn’t nearly quick or strong enough to play against the best. He didn’t fulfill his potential to be sure, but I think the high end would have been a starter in non-top 5 league in Europe or a very good MLS player, maybe even an all star.

Draft saved Draft deleted