1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Soccer Thread (Version 10)

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Webster, Aug 8, 2019.

1. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

Bournemouth comes from behind for the first time in two years and the relegation battle is on.

Meanwhile, Leicester's buttholes might be puckering for Champions League next season.

2. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

Depending on what the CAS says tomorrow early morning, LC may be on the outside looking in by the late afternoon.

3. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

Villa still alive. Just barely, but alive. Huge game at Everton on Thursday. I think they need to win three more and get to 39 points to stay up; 37 might not be enough.

4. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

Jeez, good thing Watford pulled that out yesterday. Villa and Bournemouth suddenly frisky. Need a result against the Hammers badly.

5. Webster

Man City European ban overturned.

6. Regan MacNeil

Regan MacNeil Well-Known Member

Guess they paid off the right people. What a crock of shit.

Spartan Squad likes this.
  7. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

It seems my local USL League One team is going to have fans in the stands this summer at limited capacity, which is great news since I'm already a season-ticket holder. My friends and I tend to socially distance anyway at those games -- we don't sit in the stands but grab a large picnic table right behind the big home supporter section, and most of them are closer to the field. Unless things take a drastic turn for the worse, I'll plan on going.

8. Twirling Time

Twirling Time Well-Known Member

Quietly, Man United are undefeated in their last 17 matches and on the cusp of a Europe slot (even despite the Noisy Neighbours getting over). Dropping two points in Fergie Time to Southampton at Old Trafford, though, was a gutter.

9. Webster

If Mrs. W and I were still in the baby having business, Bruno would definitely be in the top 5 potential names.

10. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

Villa looks done.

11. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

Not gonna lie, cheered a bit when Everton got level. Watford need a draw tomorrow, at least.

12. TrooperBari

TrooperBari Well-Known Member

Draft saved Draft deleted