1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Soccer Thread (Version 10)

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Webster, Aug 8, 2019.

1. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

I just don't know why it took so long to determine his tackle was extremely reckless and deserved a red. The on-field official took like two seconds of looking at the replay to agree it was a red. VAR should have had that figured out as much time.

2. Regan MacNeil

Regan MacNeil Well-Known Member

The VAR officials seem VERY hesitant to overrule their on-field counterparts. Except on obstructed view stuff and offside calls.

Spartan Squad likes this.
  3. Spartan Squad

Scary moment at Bournemouth. Players went up for a ball and Bournemouth player looked to be out before he hit the ground. Just now taking him off on a stretcher.

4. Twirling Time

Twirling Time Well-Known Member

Captain America now with a 5-match streak of a goal scored or created in the EPL.

5. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

Deeney converts two penalties, Watford win 2-1, and for the first time all season, I think I can breathe easy. Six points clear of the drop with three to play. Will take something special from Bournemouth or Villa to survive, and I don't think either have it in them.

6. Spartan Squad

Where's our Burnley contingent celebrating the draw?

7. Twirling Time

Twirling Time Well-Known Member

8. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

9. goalmouth

goalmouth Well-Known Member

Who could have seen this coming? In Florida?

Spartan Squad likes this.
  10. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

Not just in Florida. Anywhere.

11. Spartan Squad

Leicester is shitting the bed. Bad clearance leads to a Bournemouth PK then seconds later Bournemouth goes up 2-1 and Soyuncu responds by kicking a guy in the goal. Leicester after kicking Bournemouth up and down the pitch is losing and down to 10 men.

12. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

That was one heck of an implosion by Leicester.

Draft saved Draft deleted