1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Soccer Thread (Version 10)

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Webster, Aug 8, 2019.

1. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

They do. I just read that La Liga is staying on BeIN — I wonder if there was a bidding war.

PCLoadLetter likes this.
  2. Webster

Heck of a goal to beat Barca today.

3. Webster

4. Regan MacNeil

Regan MacNeil Well-Known Member

5. Regan MacNeil

Dyche just called Arsenal a bunch of diving cheats. He's not wrong.

6. typefitter

typefitter Well-Known Member

I was at this one. Thought Burnley might pull out a point, at least. They outshot Arsenal at the Emirates. That's kind of nuts.

Didn't see Liverpool... Must have been a bit nervy at the end. How was the game?

7. Regan MacNeil

Scrappy first half, Liverpool probably deserved to be down, but Mane scored a cracker during stoppage time. Should have been 3 or 4 up based on the chances in the second half, then Adrian shit all over himself to make the last 10 minutes a running heart attack.

Three more weeks till Alisson is back.

8. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

I really hope I see Watford's first goal of the season in person next Saturday. If not .... ugh. When Jordan Pickford is making saves with his face, you know it's not your day.

9. typefitter

Thanks for that. Adrian is just not very good. He was a free transfer for a reason. His penalty save (on a bad take by Abraham) masked the fact that he gave away the ball nearly every time he had it at his feet. Liverpool have to thank every god in the universe that Alisson didn't rupture his Achilles. They would be doomed. What a critical signing he was.

I love Mane, though. He is lightning.

10. Regan MacNeil

He's a great shot-stopper, though. He's the reason Liverpool were ahead at halftime. Made a great reaction save off a corner.

He's not unlike Mignolet really, only he was free, and Liverpool made money selling an unhappy Mignolet.

Still, without Alisson, Liverpool have no chance at more trophies this year.

I imagine Klopp will pull a Lou Brown on Adrian. "Don't ever fuckin' do it again."

11. typefitter

I just saw the Ings goals. I assumed Adrian duffed a save. Fucking hell he's bad with his feet.

What's happening now... You have a lot of natural shot-stoppers who are trying to play like Neuer or Alisson. They can't do it. They have to be true to themselves. Adrian is awful with the ball. Klopp likes short-ball buildups from the back. It's a bad combination.

12. Regan MacNeil

Yeah, I think Klopp will just tell Adrian to boot it up the pitch until Alisson comes back. Liverpool can adjust for a few weeks.

Draft saved Draft deleted