1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Soccer Thread (Version 10)

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Webster, Aug 8, 2019.

1. Twirling Time

Twirling Time Well-Known Member

Man City's going to get away with it. That's all you need to know.

Leicester cracking the top six is only a minor surprise as long as they can hang on to Vardy and the vastly underrated Wes Morgan. Spurs and Gunners taking the gas is probably a bigger shock. I was surprised in the Championship to see that Leeds was rocketing toward the top flight as they were.

In Italy, Atalanta (the Super Spreaders) had arguably the best form of any European contender before the stoppage.

2. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

The Premier League relegation battle was setting up to be fierce. Five teams essentially vying to avoid two spots.

3. TrooperBari

TrooperBari Well-Known Member

4. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

Bundesliga back by the “second half of the month”. Just as I was memorizing all of those Belarus teams.

5. Webster

And not to be more of an employment lawyer than a champion of women’s’ right to play sports, but after reading the decision closely, I think the judge in the USWNT case got the decision right.

6. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

Go Schalke 04!

7. Twirling Time

Twirling Time Well-Known Member

My Bundesliga team, FC Kaiserslautern, have seriously hit the skids. They went from winning the league in 1998 to yo-yoing between the first and second tier, and last year they plunged to the third tier. It’s a small market but a huge club with history (think Green Bay) and there’s no excuse.

8. TrooperBari

For those in search of a K-League club to support in these troubled, live sport-less times:

9. Regan MacNeil

Regan MacNeil Well-Known Member

Dortmund-Schalke is on FS1.

10. Webster

This analyst needs to raise his voice.

11. Webster

I’ve missed gambling on soccer. Nailed my Haaland first goal bet at +240. Also have him 2+ at +440.

12. TrooperBari

Gio Reyna misses out on his first start after injuring himself in warm-ups. I hope injury-proneness isn't something you can pass on genetically.

Webster likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted