1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Soccer Thread (Version 10)

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Webster, Aug 8, 2019.

1. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

2. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

I've had an SI subscription for 41 years. Every year, that's what Mom gets me for my birthday. I'm telling her to let it drop next year.

3. PCLoadLetter

PCLoadLetter Well-Known Member

Grant is damn good at what he does. Sports Illustrated is no longer even a shell of what it used to be.

All that aside...

What the hell did he think was going to happen?

4. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

5. PaperDoll

PaperDoll Well-Known Member

Grant Wahl has responded to Maven's memo... and this discussion is going on simultaneously here and on the SI layoffs thread.

6. PCLoadLetter

PCLoadLetter Well-Known Member

Like I said above, Wahl was begging them to fire him.

But goddamn, this memo is still just awful.

It's amazing to me that guys like Heckman think this will make them look good.

7. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

8. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

Inky_Wretch likes this.
  9. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

I have been watching Sunderland 'Til I die on Netflix. What a great show.

Spartan Squad likes this.
  10. Jake from State Farm

Jake from State Farm Well-Known Member

11. cjericho

cjericho Well-Known Member

Was pretty good, liked Maradona in Mexico better because he is such a character.

12. drexler

drexler New Member

I had some time the other day to look at the standings, er, tables, of the major European leagues just for posterity's sake to see what would happen if the seasons actually ended today.

Not surprisingly, in this era of domination by the giants, there were few eye-openers, but Leicester City in a Champions League place and Atletico Madrid in sixth in La Liga and thus out of European competition next year (even after knocking Liverpool out of the UCL) were fun to consider.

And, sadly, there were very few championship or relegation battles decided by narrow margins. Imagine being in the final relegation place merely on goal differential?

Draft saved Draft deleted