1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Soccer Thread (Version 10)

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Webster, Aug 8, 2019.

1. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

Ole was hired to be a stopgap. United should have had the courage of their convictions and never offered him the full time job.

2. Regan MacNeil

Regan MacNeil Well-Known Member

3. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

Oof. Well that's not a good look. Well before I started following the club, but still ... yikes.

Having read the whole thing ...
    1. It sounds like the current ownership, which purchased the club in 2012, is cooperating and trying to stay in front of this story.
    2. If this is true (I don't have any reason to believe it isn't), it will put a tremendous black eye on Graham Taylor, who is almost a mythical figure in Hertfordshire. There's a statue of the man in front of Vicarage Road, and one of the stands in the stadium is named after Taylor. He's obviously not around to defend himself, but you had to wonder how much he knew about Edwards.
    3. The whole thing is disgusting.

Last edited: Jan 23, 2020
  4. Regan MacNeil

Bad night for Watford with a 2-1 loss to Tranmere Rovers in the FA Cup.

5. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

6. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

It was actually not a bad night. Watford ran out some dudes deep on the U23 roster. Survival in the Prem is the priority. Nigel did not care one bit about putting out a good team in the FA Cup.

7. Regan MacNeil

Yeah, the FA Cup ain't really shit anymore. Liverpool's catching all kind of shit for putting U23s and 18s out for a replay against Shrewsbury.

8. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

Liverpool is in so many damn comps, I don't blame them at all. Watford would have put out a similar squad on Sunday against ManU had it advanced. Getting three points against Everton is the priority. Every match the rest of the way is so big for the clubs down in the 14-20 range.

9. Regan MacNeil

Yeah, it's what, like a $50M difference to even spend one season in the Championship?

10. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

That's why I'm glad Leeds dropped out of both Cups early. Follow the money.

Cosmo likes this.
  11. Regan MacNeil

Liverpool finally played their game in hand and won 2-0 at West Ham. Now 19 points clear.

12. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

See I look at it as more of West Ham's game in hand. Glad they lost to stay down in the relegation zone-ish pack. Seven points separate 10th and 19th.

Draft saved Draft deleted