1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Soccer Thread (Version 10)

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Webster, Aug 8, 2019.

1. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

Deadline day is today in England and the EPL starts tomorrow. Enough with the false 9 thread and let’s start one worthy of an attacking midfielder.

Seems to me that the top 2 are pretty much set in stone and that Spurs are likely 3rd. Ole will be out by Thanksgiving and Lampard will be overmatched.

Inky_Wretch likes this.
  2. typefitter

typefitter Well-Known Member

The BT Sport simulator had Burnley finishing 17th, surviving based on goal differential, despite their scoring only 31 goals this season. CHECKS OUT. Should be fun and not stressful at all.

3. typefitter

Also, best part of the season for me is the dedicated time with my younger boy. I have a houseful of snacks and his grandfather is driving down to watch Liverpool with us tomorrow. I really can't wait.

4. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

My God, I think the Ismaila Sarr thing is finally, actually going to happen. Watford's made some damn moves here in the last couple of days. Opening up the pocketbook. Me likey!

5. Webster

I work from home most Fridays and like an idiot scheduled a client call from 3-4. Total unforced error as they had the whole day free and it’s too late to change it because there are going to be a lot of people and I can’t even watch the game on mute because it’s one that I’m leading.

6. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

I'll be working an event Saturday at 10, so will have to listen to the opener on my phone. I enjoy the BBC Three Counties Radio broadcast, though ...

7. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Inter Milan confirm the signing of Romelu Lukaku from Manchester United.

8. typefitter

United will be lucky to finish 6th.

9. Webster

I think United upgraded at CB and RB pretty significantly. I really liked Lukaku but that was good business and if Greenwood can actually do anything, I like the front line. Issue is not replacing Matic.

10. UPChip

UPChip Well-Known Member

I'll put my prediction on the table:

1. Manchester City
    2. Liverpool
    3. Manchester United
    4. Arsenal
    5. Tottenham Hotspur
    6. Chelsea
    7. Wolves
    8. Everton
    9. Leicester City
    10. Watford
    11. West Ham United
    12. AFC Bournemouth
    13. Aston Villa
    14. Burnley
    15. Newcastle United
    16. Crystal Palace
    17. Southampton
    18. Sheffield United
    19. Norwich City
    20. Brighton and Hove Albion

11. Regan MacNeil

Regan MacNeil Well-Known Member

Would anyone be interested in Fantasy Premier League?

12. Regan MacNeil

Regan MacNeil Well-Known Member

So, no one, I guess.

Anyway, NBCSN's new PL graphics are very Sky Sports-ish.

Draft saved Draft deleted