1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Soccer Thread (V)

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Inky_Wretch, Jun 28, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NoOneLikesUs

NoOneLikesUs Active Member

He did a radio interview while he was there. Quite surreal and hilarious.

http://www.whoateallthepies.tv/fail/34257/paul-gascoigne-the-raoul-moat-radio-interview-a-surreal-extract.html

2. Piotr Rasputin

Piotr Rasputin New Member

Tactics? I'm sure the coaches sent them out there with a plan . . .

Headers to teammates that went 20 feet wide. Passes back to the goalie that went out for a corner kick. No one able to string more than two or three passes together.

That might have been the worst MLS game I have ever attended. And that's saying something.

3. Pastor

Pastor Active Member

That all might be true, but I like the fact that there is a writer out there willing to actually trust that readers will understand what he/she is talking about while going over some of the minutiae of a game and how a coach’s line-up decision impacts the outcome.

I like it a little more than the usual, “Beckham was good kicking free kicks outside the box” or “Isn’t that guy awesome since he scored a goal this week!”

4. Piotr Rasputin

Piotr Rasputin New Member

I agree that a proliferation of this type of writing is long overdue.

The fandork as soccer "journalist" is a species that continues to thrive, unfortunately.

5. Pastor

Pastor Active Member

I'm okay with fandork as bloggers giving opinions. I like having a plethora of options! :D

6. deskslave

deskslave Active Member

I'd like to clarify that this position by Southampton does nothing to change my assessment of that particular club.

http://www.saintsfc.co.uk/page/NewsDetail/0,,10280~2090047,00.html

7. Pastor

Pastor Active Member

Celtic will be selling the vuvuzelas a their stadium... Just another reason to hate that team! ;)

8. NoOneLikesUs

NoOneLikesUs Active Member

Well that blows.

9. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Losing Boruc, but gaining vuvuzelas? Win!

10. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

Certainly no surprise, but RBNY officially announced that Henry has signed as their second DP.

11. kingcreole

kingcreole Active Member

Has anyone seen the KC Wizards play this year? Are they really as bad offensively as they seem to be?

Used to live in KC and interned for the Wiz(ards) when Ron Newman was there, and they scored 11 goals in four games. Can't imagine how bad it's gotten there.

12. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

I have not seen the Wiz play this year. But I will on July 25. I need to make an SJ sign since I'm sitting right near one goal.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.