1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Soccer Thread (V)

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Inky_Wretch, Jun 28, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Birdscribe

Birdscribe Active Member

I'll have to DB myself -- or act like a bigger douchenozzle -- to get this answered by someone smarter than me.

2. Pastor

Pastor Active Member

I honestly don't know the answer to that. My gut tells me "window dressing" for the squad. Dempsey needs to remain a big fish in a small pond. Going to AC Milan won't help him any.

3. Petrie

Petrie Guest

I can just imagine the fan T-shirts for the former...

4. NoOneLikesUs

NoOneLikesUs Active Member

Too bad they couldn't pick up Dallas' stadium and move it there.

5. MN Matt

MN Matt Member

Not sure this will happen any time soon, but I would love it as a Dynamo fan.

6. NoOneLikesUs

7. deskslave

deskslave Active Member

Jeez, and three days before the World Cup final. Not that there's ever a good time to die at 58, but what a time for a soccer writer to go.

Nice that as a West Brom fan, he got to see a promotion campaign in what turned out to be his last season. I could say something much more cynical here, but I won't.

8. kingcreole

kingcreole Active Member

Charlie Davies played 45 minutes yesterday!

http://www.socceramerica.com/article/38853/davies-returns-to-action.html

9. Pastor

Pastor Active Member

Manchester United has declared its team for the USA tour. Neville is out due to injury...

Full roster: Edwin van der Sar, Tomasz Kuszczak, Paul Scholes, Ryan Giggs, Dimitar Berbatov, John O'Shea, Wes Brown, Rafael, Jonny Evans, Darren Fletcher, Darron Gibson, Chris Smalling, Nani, Fábio, Federico Macheda, Danny Welbeck, Javier Hernández (will join in Houston on July 27), Mame Biram Diouf, Tom Cleverley, Ritchie De Laet, Corry Evans, Ben Amos, Gabriel Obertan.

Good thing they brought a few guys this time. Their last tour ceased looking so good...

10. Pastor

Pastor Active Member

Here's a link to a breakdown of tactics regarding the Chicago v. RSL game from last night. I hope there are more of these...

11. NoOneLikesUs

Bizarre story of the day:

Gazza has showed up at this Raoul Moat standoff which is captivating England at the moment. They're going to use Gazza to try to end it.

::)

12. MN Matt

MN Matt Member

MLS All Stars for the win against that squad.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.