1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Soccer Thread (IV)

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Inky_Wretch, Jul 2, 2009.

1. Shoeless Joe

Shoeless Joe Active Member

It's gotta be Moyes. United needs a Scottish manager - Busby, Ferguson, Moyes is next.

2. derwood

derwood Active Member

Drogba could miss World Cup due to elbow injury.

3. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

I'm guessing that he'll be the guy after the guy who replaces SAF. They will bring a Moyes or an O'Neill in first.

4. TrooperBari

TrooperBari Well-Known Member

It would be a heel turn worthy of the WWE, but not a chance he goes to Anfield. ManYoo? Sure, but he'd have to commute from Bootle just to stay alive if he moved across the park.

5. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Rugbyjack!

NBC is airing college 7s right now.

6. Pastor

Pastor Active Member

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  7. Inky_Wretch

That. Is. Awesome.

Though it pisses me off those celebrities got to play at the Theatre of Dreams. Can we schedule an SJ kickabout there?

8. Inky_Wretch

Also, are the Europeans upset about that charity event being called Soccer Aid instead of Football Aid? I thought only we heathen Americans called is soccer.

9. Pastor

Pastor Active Member

Since the game is in England, they probably whined a lot. However, it is still called soccer in USA, Canada, Australia and South Africa.

10. zimbabwe

zimbabwe Active Member

Saw my first professional match last Saturday in Seattle. Sounders destroyed NE.

I'm certainly a soccer novice, but damn, that was fun. Didn't hurt that I saw what was easily the Sounders' best half of soccer ever.

Great pre-game environment. Great in-stadium environment. Great view. Very good (to my untrained eye) offensive soccer. Many of Seattle's best-but-unrealized chances were as or more exciting than their goals, two of which were mesmerizing.

I recommend catching a match at this venue to anyone with the means.

Draft saved Draft deleted