1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Soccer Thread (IV)

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Inky_Wretch, Jul 2, 2009.

1. deskslave

deskslave Active Member

The Premier League will be a more entertaining place for having Ian Holloway around too. They asked him a couple days before the match what it would mean to get Blackpool promoted, and he basically said, "Yeah, they build statues of you if you do things like that."

2. Birdscribe

Birdscribe Active Member

And they averaged about 8,100 and change per game last year. I think they were near the bottom of the Championship in average attendance.

SKY Sports showed the bus pulling up this morning. Yes, the aforementioned "huge ass party" looked like it was in full swing.

I said the same thing to my daughter as we were watching the game. As a defender, she said "There's nothing wrong with that style of play, Dad." I said "Of course there isn't ... if you're playing it."

3. Birdscribe

Birdscribe Active Member

And it sounds like you can understand what he's saying as well.

Mick McCarthy sounds like he's a pretty entertaining guy, Desk. Problem is, I can't understand two-thirds of what Mick's saying.

4. Pastor

Pastor Active Member

Rangers have released the design for their new kit a lot earlier than last year (they basically waited until a week before the first game) and it is a cracker!

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  5. TrooperBari

TrooperBari Well-Known Member

Figured it was best to put this here rather than the other thread.

Anyone have questions for David Seaman? I have an interview with him tomorrow morning and half my material is gone now that he's ponytail-less.

6. Pastor

Pastor Active Member

According to Grant Wahl's Twitter feed Brian Ching might be out...

7. NoOneLikesUs

NoOneLikesUs Active Member

Ask him how his DVD sales are going.

8. Pastor

Pastor Active Member

Sometimes reading rumors is rather funny. This one has me laughing...

9. NoOneLikesUs

;D

10. Pastor

Pastor Active Member

I stole this from Ives...

Goalkeepers- Tim Howard, Marcus Hahnemann, Brad Guzan

Defenders- Carlos Bocanegra, Oguchi Onyewu, Jay DeMerit, Steve Cherundolo, Jonathan Spector, Clarence Goodson, Jonathan Bornstein

Midfielders- Landon Donovan, Michael Bradley, Stuart Holden, Maurice Edu, Ricardo Clark, DaMarcus Beasley, Benny Feilhaber, Jose Francisco Torres

Forwards- Clint Dempsey, Jozy Altidore, Herculez Gomez, Edson Buddle, Robbie Findley

11. NoOneLikesUs

Don't know about Gooch making it. He's not healthy. At all.

12. Pastor

Pastor Active Member

Gooch is healthy enough to risk. There is no other option that is close as I don't consider Marshall a viable option.

Draft saved Draft deleted