1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Soccer Thread (IV)

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Inky_Wretch, Jul 2, 2009.

1. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Confed Cup is over. Gold Cup getting ready to start. Transfers and new kits in Europe. And close to midway in MLS season.

All that means is it is time for a new soccer thread.

2. andyouare?

andyouare? Guest

Sounds good to me.

I have to say, I'm going to have trouble getting into the Gold Cup after the Confed Cup.

Mostly it'll be just to wath Freddy Adu. I'll check the starting lineup before gametime and if he's not in. . .click.

3. TrooperBari

TrooperBari Well-Known Member

If he's not in (barring injury), you'll be seeing him in MLS before too long. Wonder how much time he'll get at Benfica now that it has a similar player in Saviola.

4. Pastor

Pastor Active Member

MNT Blog: Colbert takes on soccer. It is pretty damn funny. I also like this quote:

5. TrooperBari

TrooperBari Well-Known Member

Saw that on SBI ... good stuff. From said site, these guys from the Confederations Cup will be available for the Gold Cup:

Jozy Altidore, Jonathan Bornstein, Conor Casey, Ricardo Clark, Benny Feilhaber, Brad Guzan and Sacha Kljestan

Guzan needs to be starting in goal, and Feilhaber could certainly use more PT.

6. Pastor

Pastor Active Member

All I know about the Gold Cup is that we'll need to see Freddy Adu. If he doesn't get minutes, there will be trouble amongst the fans.

7. NoOneLikesUs

NoOneLikesUs Active Member

I'll be taking in some non-US Gold Cup matches. Good times.

Oh and if this tournament is similar to the one in 2007, a lot of people are going to enjoy themselves.

8. Twoback

Twoback Active Member

I watch the U.S. because it's my team.
    I don't turn on the Steelers and click off if Hines Ward is out.

9. nafselon

nafselon Well-Known Member

This could make L.A. Galaxy games more interesting..

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story?id=658604&sec=mls&cc=5901

10. GB-Hack

GB-Hack Active Member

We had a bunch about it in the now deceased thread. SI's got an excerpt in their latest edition, also available online.

11. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

I can't help but wonder if LanDo said all that thinking Becks wouldn't be back in LA.

12. andyouare?

andyouare? Guest

That July 17th game?

Awkwaaard!

Draft saved Draft deleted