1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Snowpocalypse Pizza Escapade (UPDATE: Pizza 2.0 is on its way)

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by forever_town, Feb 6, 2010.

1. forever_town

forever_town Well-Known Member

I had plans to go to a bar where I've watched almost every NFL game on Sundays this season to watch the Super Bowl. My plans were to gorge on either a 12-inch pizza and a pitcher of beer or 10 wings and a pitcher of beer for $6, cheer on the Saints and just soak in the atmosphere of a place I've grown comfortable with.

However, Mother Nature had other ideas. There's no telling how much snow is going to result from her bending the DMV over and playing dump truck with it. What I do know is that it's going to take several days before we can even think of digging out.

With my plans for Super Bowl debauchery dashed, I decided on the next best thing for my Big Game experience. I've decided to make a homemade pizza.

Until I carry out my Sunday experiment, the only times I've eaten pizza at home have been when either my folks or I have thrown a frozen pizza in the oven or the microwave. This will be different. This will involve making the crust, spreading the sauce and pouring cheese and possibly spices on top and then putting it in the oven. This will be my creation.

Wish me culinary luck. I'm going to need every bit of it.

2. Simon

Simon Active Member

Re: The Snowpocalypse Pizza Escapade

Here's a tip. Don't buy any of those pre-made crusts. They taste like cardboard and make the rest of the pizza taste like shit.

3. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

This is the truth.
    The crust is the most underrated part of the pizza.
    Shitty crust, shitty pizza.

4. funky_mountain

funky_mountain Active Member

f_t: my wife and i make homemade pizza all the time. we use this simple recipe to make the dough:
    http://www.breadworld.com/Recipe.aspx?id=229

5. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

You sure you will make it to Sunday? Enough food and beer?

6. beanpole

beanpole Member

put the cheese on before adding sauce and toppings. Outstanding stuff, have fun!

7. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

Here's the recipe I use, it comes out fantastic:
    http://www.thesimpledollar.com/2009/03/13/a-guide-to-making-inexpensive-and-delicious-homemade-pizza/

8. forever_town

I'm planning on making the crust myself. Wouldn't be a homemade pizza without homemade crust!

9. forever_town

Put the pizza in the oven about five minutes ago.

I'll let y'all know how it tastes once I try it.

10. forever_town

Not bad for a first attempt.

I'll work on it and who knows where it'll go from here?

11. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

When you say "not bad" what do you think could have been better? The sauce? The crust? The sausage or other toppings?

12. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

That's the best description you've got? Jeebus, if you're going to give it its own thread how about a little more detail...

Draft saved Draft deleted