1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The smartest show on TV that still airs?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Matt Stephens, Nov 8, 2011.

1. Herbert Anchovy

Herbert Anchovy Active Member

House until very recently.

2. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

I think it's been on the wrong side of the shark for at least a couple of years. Sometimes, they need to let it be lupus.

3. Herbert Anchovy

Cuddy is pretty milftastic, but hooking up with House marked the shark jump. A Tony Miceli finally beds Angela kind of moment.

The raw sexual tension worked much better for the show.

4. dooley_womack1

The House-Cuddy stuff dragging on so long dragged down the show. Not to the extent the Brennan-Booth stuff dragged down Bones, granted, but still

5. Herbert Anchovy

I don't think Lisa Cuddy would want anything to do with a guy like House.

6. dooley_womack1

Well, in the timeline of the show, they had a relationship before House became the cranky, addicted House, which he became because he did not allow his leg to be amputated, despite Cuddy's urging.

7. The ex worked at Sheila Kelley's S factor for a few years; went to pick her up for lunch one afternoon and and, sweet jeebers, saw Lisa Edelstein (Cuddy) finishing up a pole dance lesson.

God bless America.

8. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

See also, Moonlighting, although House didn't start to suck as soon as Cuddy and House became a couple.

I lost interest about halfway through last season, which says a lot because I really like Amber Tamblyn.

9. Matt Stephens

Matt Stephens Well-Known Member

House is, by far, my favorite show. Despite all that happened, I thought the second half of last season got kind of dry, even though he relapsed. But this season, I feel, has been very good. Somehow, the addition of Charlyne Yi really works.

10. The Daily Show. Has to be.

11. Beef03

Beef03 Active Member

No votes for Sesame Street yet? Oscar is pissed.

12. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Is she playing some kind of autistic savant doctor? Or does she act differently than every other thing she's been in?

I believe you that it works, but that's some crazy ass casting...

Draft saved Draft deleted