1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Slow-Moving Revolving Door

Discussion in 'SJ Site News & Suggestions' started by OscarMadison, Apr 21, 2020.

1. OscarMadison

OscarMadison Well-Known Member

I looked for a place for people to express thanks, have someone pick up the morning paper (yeah, yeah, I know) and check the mail. There wasn't one immediately available, this looked like as good a place as any to start a thread.

One request: Please don't flounce. It never looks like you think it does. At worst, it makes your butt look fat.

2. OscarMadison

OscarMadison Well-Known Member

I am not happy with the person I'm seeing on here. Being angry has always left me feeling what I imagine a hangover would feel like. It's not just here. I need to take a break from social media of all sorts. It's taking a toll on my ability to be there for my clients. This is just a break for however long it takes for me to start acting like an adult again.

3. 3_Octave_Fart

3_Octave_Fart Well-Known Member

We all have bad days on this thing.
    I spent two or three years with the gentle hum of a trolling motor over my shoulder.
    Social media killed the message board star but it's never too late to begin your Act II as a poster.

OscarMadison and Liut like this.
  4. wicked

wicked Well-Known Member

Your first and biggest mistake. Journalists are all a bunch of loons. Date a bartender or waiter/waitress.

(In all seriousness I hope it works out, but there are only a handful of success stories from SJ Tinder and from intra-newsroom dating in general.)

5. Regan MacNeil

Regan MacNeil Well-Known Member

I think she meant herself, as in how she posts.

OscarMadison likes this.
  6. wicked

wicked Well-Known Member

I just made an ass of myself. Again. Oh well.

Carry on, then.

OscarMadison likes this.
  7. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

I've made nearly 35,000 posts on here in 12 1/2 years (where has the time gone?). Some of those nearly 35,000 posts have been quite awful. Nobody's perfect.

Take a break if you need to, and come back. Your contributions are valuable. Stay safe.

Neutral Corner likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted