1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Skins Game

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by TwoGloves, Nov 25, 2007.

1. TwoGloves

TwoGloves Well-Known Member

Fred Couples, Stephen Ames, Zach Johnson and Brett Wetterich? It's time to put this thing out of its misery or really, really revamp the format. That said, Couples would be a freaking Hall of Famer if this silly season crap counted for anything.

2. Claws for Concern

Claws for Concern Active Member

It was the 25th anniversary of the event, too. Couldn't they make it special for that reason alone? Ames repeated and won and yes, Couples has made a tidy sum off the event, but there needs to be some punch in the lineup.

3. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

I love golf. I can't watch it after the Tour Championship though. I need a break.

4. John

John Well-Known Member

I saw that it was on yesterday and never even paused to see who was playing.

If they can't get any of the elite players to participate, no offense to the Masters champ, they should do away with it.

5. Claws for Concern

Claws for Concern Active Member

Paging Birdscribe ... how was it? Give us the scoop!

6. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

The funny thing is, it used to be a pretty big payout, but has since been dwarfed by regular PGA purse. When I heard the lineup I thought they were letting amateur golfers in on the action.
    The should have gotten Tiger and Phil to join Ames and Couples and jacked up the purse to five million. I'd have settled for Jack, Arnie, Trevino and Norman.

Draft saved Draft deleted