1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The sj.comization of Balt. Sun

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by goalmouth, Sep 17, 2008.

1. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

Was he a douchebag?

2. MrWrite

MrWrite Member

No. He was a good friend of my then-girlfriend. I don't think he liked me, though.

3. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

So he was a douchebag. :D

4. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

That's really an asshattish headline.

5. MrWrite

MrWrite Member

well played, ijag

6. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

"celeb soul mates: Wilmer Valderrama; Keith Olbermann; Colin Farrell; Brody Jenner; Mario Lopez"

That's the only thing I somewhat related to on those three lists. It's a good day for me.

7. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

Were they ever in Cancun at the same time?

8. MrWrite

MrWrite Member

Not that I know of.

9. Mystery_Meat

Mystery_Meat Guest

Hey, I'm wearing a pink polo right now! But miracle of miracle for my fat ass, it's not that tight. Unless we're talking late 90's slang for awesome, in which case okay, I'll cede the point.

10. EmbassyRow

EmbassyRow Active Member

I love how 'douchebag' is apparently considered a demographic by this story.

Missing, however: A love of all things 'Entourage' in the 'mid-grade douchebag' category.

11. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

I thought this was the dumbest thing ever till I saw the editor mention Dane Cook fans. They I thought "Yeah, OK. I get it."

12. Editude

Editude Active Member

If we substituted another word (loser, faux-hipster), that still wouldn't make this a story. Another mildly snarky list of stuff xxx people like is not journalism.

Draft saved Draft deleted