1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The SJ.com Ultimate Fantasy (baseball) League

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by ondeadline, Feb 14, 2007.

1. Guy_Incognito

Guy_Incognito Well-Known Member

Re: The SportsJournalists.com Ultimate Fantasy League

AARRGGHH! Missed the draft, hate the team. I want to trade all of my players. Who wants them?

2. Angola!

Angola! Guest

Let's trade offenses.

3. Guy_Incognito

I'd have to think about that, it's pretty close. I'll trade pitching staffs in a second.

4. ondeadline

ondeadline Well-Known Member

Rhetorical questions:

What do Joe Mauer, Milton Bradley, Frank Catalanotto, Jim Thome, Bob Wickman, Josh Johnson, Mark Prior, Preston Wilson,
    and Ryan Shealy have in common?

They're all on the MLB DL, yet active on two rosters.

What about Felix Hernandez, Kevin Millwood and Phil Hughes?

They're on the MLB DL, yet on a roster's bench but not on the team's DL.

Come on, guys. Why join the league if you're not going to manage your teams?

5. ondeadline

ondeadline Well-Known Member

What a final week it shapes up to be in this league.

My Sammy Sosa's Corkers come off back-to-back 10-0 weeks to pull within a half game of Sterling Silver heading into the final week.

Since I made up 3.5 games on Sterling Silver last week, you can't count out Hamels Time even though HT is 3.5 out.

(BTW, this thread probably should be moved to Anything Goes.)

6. AVSE

AVSE Member

I have two spots available in a dynasty league going into its fourth season. If you're interested, let me know.

7. I'm interested.

8. steveu

steveu Well-Known Member

AVSE, I'm interested if they're still there. PM me for details!

9. Guy_Incognito

If there are any spots left, I'm interested too.

10. AVSE

AVSE Member

Since I got a good bit of interest right away, here are the rosters of the two teams available:

AVAILABLE TEAM 1
    C — Bengie Molina, Giants; J.R. Towles, Astros
    1B — Albert Pujols, Cardinals; Paul Konerko, White Sox; Justin Morneau, Twins;
    2B —
    SS — Derek Jeter, Yankees; Yunel Escobar, Braves
    3B — Chone Figgins, Angels; Chris Davis, Rangers
    OF — Jeff Francouer, Braves; Shane Victorino, Phillies; Milton Bradley, Cubs, Brad Hawpe, Rockies; Andre Ethier, Dodgers
    SP — Chris Carpenter, Cardinals; Roy Oswalt, Astros; Ian Snell, Pirates; Todd Wellemeyer, Cardinals; Fausto Carmona, Indians; Shaun Marcum, Blue Jays; Chien-Ming Wang, Yankees; Phil Hughes, Yankees
    RP — Scott Linebrink, Padres; Bobby Jenks, White Sox; Grant Balfour, Rays; Damaso Marte, Yankees; Taylor Buchholz, Rockies; Billy Wagner, Mets; Troy Percival, Rays; Brad Ziegler, A’s
    Prospects — OF Bubba Bell, Red Sox; 1B Lars Anderson, Red Sox; P Michael Bowden, Red Sox; C Taylor Teagarden, Rangers; 1B Kyle Blanks, Padres

AVAILABLE TEAM 2
    C — Ivan Rodriguez, Yankees
    1B — Jim Thome, White Sox; Derrek Lee, Cubs; James Loney, Dodgers
    2B — Placido Polanco; Tigers
    SS — Edgar Renteria, Tigers; Khalil Greene, Cardinals
    3B — Alex Rodriguez, Yankees; Edwin Encarnacion, Reds;
    OF — Curtis Granderson, Tigers; Gary Sheffield, Tigers; Johnny Damon, Yankees; Geoff Jenkins, Phillies; Ryan Ludwick, Cardinals; Bobby Abreu, Yankees;
    SP — Jered Weaver, Angels; Jake Westbrook, Indians; Dana Eveland, A’s; Paul Byrd, Red Sox; Jorge Campillo, Braves; Brian Bannister, Royals; Micah Owings, Reds; Scott Kazmir, Rays; Ted Lilly, Cubs;
    RP — Mike MacDougal, White Sox; Jorge Julio, Diamondbacks; Juan Rincon, Twins; Francisco Cordero, Rangers; Alan Embree, A’s; Jason Isringhausen, Cardinals; Justin Masterson, Red Sox
    Prospects — OF Jose Tabata, Pirates; P Adam Miller, Indians; 1B Brad McCann, Marlins; OF Desmond Jennings, Rays OF Andrew McCutchen, Pirates

11. AVSE

AVSE Member

a couple notes on the rosters:

a) It's limited to 25 players and 13 pitchers (some teams have more because prospects were moved up or because of players on the DL)

b) prospects owned by a team can sit on the wire all year until they get picked up by that team. If said prospect is dropped because he sucks or gets sent back to the minors, anyone can grab him.

12. I'll take Team 1, if it's available.

Draft saved Draft deleted