1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The SJ.com Ultimate Fantasy (baseball) League

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by ondeadline, Feb 14, 2007.

1. Re: Fantasy baseball

head-to-head is far better.

2. ondeadline

ondeadline Well-Known Member

Re: Fantasy baseball

You could do head-to-head with no playoffs.

3. EStreetJoe

EStreetJoe Well-Known Member

I used to be heavily involved in Fantasy Baseball leagues, some head-to-head, others just cumulative points through the season. But I gave them up a few years ago when they started to get to be too time consuming. I've had a lot more free time during baseball season ever since.

4. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Of course, the SportsJournalists.com money league was better...just up to NIAFL standards of posting on here. :)

5. WSKY

WSKY Member

so who wants to start a league?

6. ondeadline

I'd like to start a 30-team combined head-to-head league, but espn.com limits you to 20 teams. According to Yahoo!, you'll be able to start creating leagues on Friday.

7. Re: Fantasy baseball

Doesn't that water down the talent pool considerably? Do you really want people having to draft the likes of Jason LaRue and Jimmy Gobble?

8. ondeadline

It would encourage trades more, but maybe 24 is more realistic?

9. MC Sports Guy

MC Sports Guy Member

Re: 18-team SportsJournalists.com fantasy-baseball league set up on espn.com

I'd definitely be interested in joining a league.

10. ondeadline

OK, I've set up an 18-team combined head-to-head league on espn.com.

PM me your e-mail address and I'll send you an invite. (Sorry, apparently I can't just give you the link and the league number).

If you already have an espn.com account and put your name on there, your real name will show up on the league list. If you don't want your real name on the list, just sign up for a separate account.

Right now, I've got this as a head-to-head league with no playoffs, but I'd be willing to be flexible if enough people would want playoffs. I just wonder about the fairness of deciding a league title during September baseball.

If you sign up, look over the defaults and let me know if you have suggestions for changes.

11. ondeadline

Half the spots are now taken.

12. Angola!

Angola! Guest

The What About ARod?'s are in.

Draft saved Draft deleted