1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The SJ.com Top 25 College Football Poll...SPOTS FILLED -- NEED PICKS

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by slappy4428, Aug 18, 2007.

1. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Re: The SportsJournalists.com Top 25 College Football Poll... interested? RESPOND SOON

Did we have to produce an original top 25 this week?

2. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Re: The SportsJournalists.com Top 25 College Football Poll... interested? RESPOND SOON

Yes. If you've received a confirmation from me, you will need to start working on a Top 25 for publication. I've received five already.
    After this poll, the first in-season one will be either after Labor Day or the after second weekend of September. I will be happy to entertain the merits of both, since not every school plays on Labor Day weekend.

3. Barsuk

Barsuk Active Member

It looks like every team that received consideration for my ballot plays Labor Day weekend, so I think we should publish a new poll that week.

4. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Just a note to those who are sending in Ballots... please specify teams a little clearer -- is OSU Ohio State, Oklahoma State or Oregon St -- all three have votes. Same goes for USC (Southern Cal, South carolina) and Miami (Florida or Ohio)

Also please be sure to check your ballot; putting the same team on twice has happened, well twice, or skipping numbers 4, 5, 6, 8, 9, ....

5. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Re: The SportsJournalists.com Top 25 College Football Poll...SPOTS FILLED -- NEXT STEP

OK, I've filled this at 35 spots -- which seems to be a nice number to work with in both time of inputting and chasing down the eventual stragglers.

If you have received confirmation and haven't given me a top 25, please do so by noon tomorrow (doesn't matter what North American time zone, I'm flexible)

I'd like to have the poll and story up by Wednesday morning -- you know, before the Tulsa-ULM game. I will also release the member names of the 35 voters -- no, not their real names, their screen names.

Picks for the first in-season poll will be due on Tuesday, Sept 4; then each Monday afterward. I will also forward the master sheet to one-non voting party who I know can be trusted in case of discrepancy.

And for the record (Hank Scorpio, I am looking at you), I am not the person who voted for Western Michigan. But I thought about it...

fight on, fight on....

6. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Bumping this up for the 15 or so who have not turned in a preseason ballot.
    Please PM me your top 25 by noon Tuesday...

7. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Paging Hack Wilson. Hack Wilson to the white courtesy phone. Now.

8. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

There's always one ...

9. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Actually, there are three. One is MIA, one needs a nappie-poo and one said he'd have it to me in a few minutes -- two hours ago...

10. Sxysprtswrtr

Sxysprtswrtr Active Member

What's the hold-up? I mean ... we wait any longer and Ralph Friedgen will be skinny again.

:)

11. amraeder

amraeder Well-Known Member

12. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

Ralph Friedgen naked

VISUALIZE!!!!!

Draft saved Draft deleted