1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The SJ.com Top 25 College Football Poll...SPOTS FILLED -- NEED PICKS

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by slappy4428, Aug 18, 2007.

1. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

Re: The SportsJournalists.com Top 25 College Football Poll... interested?

And I know you would do it. I would do the same for Mizzou, but I could never vote for them. Muck Fizzou. :D

2. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Gratuitous bump... more spots available... fuck Nick Saban...

Oh, and believe it or not, the south is poorly represented. As is most of the country west of the Mississippi....
    There are more voters north of the 49th Parallel than there are in the SEC, Big 12, Pac 10 and MWC/Big West combined....

3. Barsuk

Barsuk Active Member

JDV can cover the West Coast for you.

4. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Soooper...
    Still no one in the continental US West of the Rockies (OK, Sportschick is sooooo close...)

we are up to 14. If you have contacted me already, yes, you are in.
    And there's only one voter in SEC country (I do NOT include myself in that area) and he covers the Sunbelt... This is shaping up to be spnited's dream...

OH, let me say this up front: Yes, you may accept freebies for participation in this poll (look, if saying you're an SportsJournalists.com poll voter gets you a little swag, then take the money and run).
    And Homerism will not lead to your dismissal from the panel, but it might get you quoted in the poll story on a given week explaining yourself.

Think of it, peeple. How many SEC schools would claim an SportsJournalists.com poll as a National Title? (I can think of four.)

5. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

17 people in and we actually have an honest-to-goodness Pac-10 person there...

6. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Re: The SportsJournalists.com Top 25 College Football Poll... interested? RESPOND SOON

19 people in, including some north of the border who probably know more than we do.
    If you have expressed interest, start thinking of a top 25 -- Sometime Monday, I will start hitting you up for a top 25 in order.
    Goal is to release the first poll by this Friday, then each week after Labor Day weekend.

7. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Re: The SportsJournalists.com Top 25 College Football Poll... interested? RESPOND SOON

23 and climbing... one voter sent his picks in already and was so enthused about one team, he took them twice....

8. farmerjerome

farmerjerome Active Member

I'd love to join in, but after the top 15 I start to lose interest. Plus, I couldn't vote the 'Cuse in the top 25.

Maybe we should start this in basketball season too.

9. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Only numbers game I run in basketball season is the annual hoopool...

And you COULD vote Cuse in the top 25; you choose not to...

OH... if you have sent me a request and I've answered back, feel free to send the top 25 at any time... will save time.

10. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Do we use the AP top 25 as the foundation for our first poll?

11. spnited

spnited Active Member

You could, Xan, but considering the AP poll has 6 SEC teams in the Top 25, it can't be too accurate ::) ;D

12. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

Mine differed pretty greatly from AP's and the McPaper's.

Draft saved Draft deleted