1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The SJ.com ROY, POY, TOY, first and second team voting thread (updated).

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by hockeybeat, Nov 10, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

I think the thread was killed, but after Double Down's post Doc posted above, this post from Bubbler is probably my favorite (well, Jones' Whitlock rant and it are probably tied, to be honest.).

2. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

I don't like the rule about not being able to vote for a thread or post just because a thread got deleted or locked. If something is classic, it's classic no matter what. And threads that are otherwise fine can get deleted by the action of just one troll.

And first-team voting only, please. For the sake of the vote-counter's sanity, if for no other reason.

3. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

And a reminder for newer members: campaign for someone, not against someone. Oh, and as I recall, for last year's balloting for the person who adopted a new username newbie of the year, those who joined on Nov. 1, 2005. or after were eligible. So I guess it would be Nov. 1, 2006, for this year.

4. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

I'm still looking for my SportsJournalists.com March Madness Final Four T-shirt and goodie bag. :'(

5. SJ.com voting

SJ.com voting New Member

The powers-that-be approved the new account. Please PM your votes to this account.

Thanks.

6. JR

JR Well-Known Member

I thought in the past we've had a "Canuckistan Poster of the Year" category --and I already nominate Jones.

7. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

Not that this whole thing isn't an exercise in silliness, but the HOF seems especially silly.

The criteria is five digit posts? How many posters have five digits? 10? 20? And many of those were made on the backs of post-padding?

HOF seems especially self-serving, and silly. JMO

8. beefncheddar

beefncheddar Guest

As opposed to the rest of this?

9. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

Read the first sentence.

10. hockeybeat

hockeybeat Guest

The criteria isn't five digit posts. It never was.

The criteria is posters through their posts or actions on-and-off the board made this a great site to come to.

For example, someone could vote for Alma to the HOF for his detailed posts on any number of subjects.

11. Gutter

Gutter Well-Known Member

Anon 3:35 should get consideration for the HOF in the Pioneers Category.

12. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

He would have wanted it that way.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.