1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The SJ.com ROY, POY, TOY, first and second team voting thread (updated).

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by hockeybeat, Nov 10, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hockeybeat

hockeybeat Guest

The SportsJournalists.com ROY, POY, TOY, first and second team voting thread

LAST FREAKIN' EDIT, I SWEAR:

Also, after hearing arguments why the SJ HOF is a bad idea, I have eliminated that category. For those of you who have already sent in your ballots, I will just erase your HOF votes. The rest of you don't have to worry about it.

2. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

I thought we weren't doing Troll of the Year.

EDIT: And shouldn't there be an All-Newbie team?

3. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

I would strongly suggest not doing troll of the year. I'd replace it with thread of the year instead.

4. BBJones

BBJones Guest

Damn Sportschick ... you beat me by 2 seconds there.

5. Double Down

Double Down Well-Known Member

So I think for Post of the Year, people should submit their favorite, and then HB (if he ends up tallying the votes) should repost the five or 10 best and then people can vote in a poll. Otherwise, it's too hard to remember who posted what.

6. This is my first time at the rodeo. Some questions for myself and others:

How many are on each "team" and do we actually vote first team, second team, etc., or do we all vote for first team and the other teams are determined by no. of votes they get?

Who's already in the Hall of Fame, so we know not to vote them in again.

7. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

Five, the latter and I don't think we have a Hall of Fame at this point. I could be wrong.

8. Bad Guy Zero

Bad Guy Zero Active Member

What are the rules of eligibility for the HOF?

9. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

I'm with double down on the send the posts thing. If the post has been deleted b/c the thread is gone, freelance always made them ineligible.

Generally, we've always voted for first team. It's easier to tally the votes that way.

I'm not sure that we've had hall of fame before.

10. At first this seemed like the HOF honorees would be obvious, but the more I look at the top of the post lists and scroll down a bit, I could see where it could get very, very interesting.

11. Mystery_Meat

Mystery_Meat Guest

Off the top of my head, I'd say anyone with five-figure posts would be HOF-eligible. Could anyone get 75 percent of the vote? Ever? Other than Jones and the mods, that is.

12. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

Bubbler, I'm guessing.

And I wouldn't be sure about the mods. I mean, Gutter fucking lost to me in the CIAFL. How good can he be? :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.