1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

THE SJ.COM BIRD IS CREEPING ME OUT!!!

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Freelance Hack, Nov 23, 2006.

1. Freelance Hack

Freelance Hack Active Member

Don't know why, but it just has that Motel Hell look of friendliness that's concealing its psychotic tendencies.

I will not be able to sleep tonight until I know that bird above is heading toward a Butterball processing plant.

2. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

I'm freaked out that despite his wing moving, his shadow never does.

3. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

I don't think it's a shadow. I think the bird forgot its Depends.

4. Kaylee

Kaylee Member

I can't rightly figure why, but every time I see that turkey, I keep thinking It puts the lotion on its skin or else it gets the hose again...It puts the lotion on its skin or else it gets the hose again...

5. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

That bird deserves to be stuffed full of a duck and a chicken, popped in an oven for three hours and then ripped apart by John Madden.

6. beefncheddar

beefncheddar Guest

I like it. There, I said it.

7. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

November 23, 2006, an SJ thread about birds is started.

Also on November 23's over the years ...

Watch what happened in history on November 23 by viewing this video of This Day in History. On November 23, 1889, the first jukebox was opened. It would allow a song to be played for the price of one nickel. On November 23, 1945, the United States stopped rations after World War II. However, sugar rations still existed. On November 23, 1973, Yvonne Burke became the first woman to give birth to a child while in Congress. On November 23, 1936, the first issue of Life Magazine was published. Their goal was to see life and see the world. Photojournalism was able to send messages that words simply could not.

This Day In History: 11/23/1936 - Life is First Published

86 years later -- well, 85 and a half years -- the goal to see life and the world continues at SJ.

A few steps from my car on the way to the gym I saw this dude, didn't fly away as I got closer closer, and let me take its photo.

What are some of your favorite birds? A longtime-ago poster Angola shoots good photos of birds.

20220217_091948.jpg

8. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

Birds? I'm a llama.

9. swingline

swingline Well-Known Member

Oriole. Saw one at an Illinois lake one time, and it was beautiful.

Hummingbirds, any kind.

Bluebird, which has made a comeback in recent decades.

Goldfinches, which numbered by the dozens at my feeders in the PNW.

lakefront likes this.
  10. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

I have a favorite bird, but it would probably be in bad taste to post it here.

11. Slacker

Slacker Well-Known Member

My favorite bird name was DisembodiedOwlhead. Where oh where has he gone?

Draft saved Draft deleted