1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The SJ.com 2008 charts ... today!

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Football_Bat, Jan 6, 2007.

1. CentralIllinoisan

CentralIllinoisan Active Member

Ponderous. Fuckin' ponderous!

2. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

Here you go, peeps.

Oh, and duh: NSFW. It starts automatically.

http://beeftone.com/Casey-Kasem_Snuggles-MP3.mp3

3. CentralIllinoisan

CentralIllinoisan Active Member

Thank you so much, IJAG. I needed a spot of Casey tonight to make me smile.

4. BYH

BYH Active Member

I'd love to hear Casey's lead-ins to each of us.

Our next poster has raced up the charts under a slightly different name before. But at the height of his popularity, he left the board--twice. Now, having mended fences with Moderator1, and wanting to join his friends from the No Idiots Allowed Fantasy League, he has returned. And this time, it appears, for good. At number 51, up an incredible 36 spots from last week, it's Evil Bastard, aka Chris_L.

Our next poster is another one who has changed his name and left the board many times. He loves Miami and professional football. Indeed, when it comes to his favorite city and sport, debate him at your peril. He'll unleash f-bombs like you haven't heard since my Snuggles long distance dedication. He hates Nick Saban, loves Frank Gore and baseball's economic system drives him mad. And the Yankees' spending spree has inspired this man to post like never before. He says, and I quote, 'BYH is a [expletive] no-good [expletive] who flunked economics. He's a complete [expletive].' At number 13, up an amazing 19 spots from last week, it's Columbo.

We finally have a new number one, and this poster has spent a long time climbing the charts. He started out in October 2002 like everyone else on the site but didn't begin posting with frequency until the following spring. He has an opinion on everything and he hates frauds. His board battles with the likes of Almost_Famous, Moderator1 and Columbo are the stuff of legend. He's done his best not to hit number one, including taking several long sabbaticals in 2006, and it looked like he'd mimic his favorite band Foreigner by spending forever at number two. But the Chiefs making the playoff sent him over the top. Finally (drum roll), here, at number one, ending Dooley_Womack1's 78-week stay at the top, is BYH.

5. Double J

Double J Active Member

Hey, even Foreigner finally made it to No. 1, so there's reason to believe BYH may yet get there.

Isn't it stupid that some people could belch into a microphone and score a No. 1 record (hi, Fergie, you no-talent skank!) while artists like CCR and Bruce Springsteen never accomplished the feat? Or that "Louie Louie" was kept out of No. 1 by The Singing Nun's "Dominique"? To quote CI channelling Casey, "ponderous, fucking ponderous."

Oh well. "Keep your feet on the ground, and keep reaching for the stars!"

6. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

More fun facts: Out of 6,556 members as of this posting, 2,766 have signed up but never posted even once. Another 786 have posted exactly one time and another 423 deigned to grace us with their presence twice.

And John D. Villarreal is almost on a Good Doctor pace.

Diaper Dandies (all less than 6 months in): SoSueMe (423 posts, 5.494 per day), RokSki (480 posts, 5.333 per day), Clever username (628, 4.794) and indiansnetwork (520, 4.561) seem to be off to fine timewasting careers.

7. Damn, the Doctor went by me like I was standing still.

8. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

So the future IS like real life...

9. casty33

casty33 Active Member

Wow. I thought I had a lot of free time after retirement. But I have to admit even I have better things to do, Football_Bat, than come up with statistics like this. Geez-a-loo, try reading a book, why don't you?

10. I speak for everyone in my chair when I say, eh?

11. expendable

expendable Well-Known Member

Wow. Time to get you back on the intoxicants.

I'll get you a beer.

12. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

Not yet, sparky. And it's well over 104 weeks, I'm pretty sure, even taking into account I had to pass H_Beat twice.

Draft saved Draft deleted