1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Simpsons Movie

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by zimbabwe, Jul 26, 2007.

1. Never fixed the lake, either. Know it's a cartoon but that is why the dome was put there to begin with ...

The Spider-Pig song has been in my head all week ... my 3-year-old picked up off the commercials and has been singing it regularly ..

2. BYH

BYH Active Member

Dome Depot: For all your dome needs.

For some reason, that really cracked me up.

3. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

21 has to work and does not want to go anyway so I am going to first show tomorrow. I went on my computer today and bought a ticket through movie phone. I am going to get up early tomorow, grab a quick cup of coffee at Dunkin Donuts and stop by theatre to see if I can pick up ticket. I've never done it before but I guess it works just like paperless airline tickets. You just go to a kiosk and use same credit card which you used to charge tickets.

4. shotglass

shotglass Guest

Yes, and there's this big building with a marquee out front and ... ;)

5. 21

21 Well-Known Member

I'm going to take the day off just to see if it works.

6. markvid

markvid Guest

I did that in Philly yesterday, 1st time I'd ever tried it on-line.
    Walked up, swiped, took tickets, had M&M's and Pepsi in my seat in under 5 minutes from the door.

7. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

Saw in Sunday with my son and my ex-wife. Freaking hilarious. We never stopped laughing. Perhaps I'm not as jaded about it as some of you because I haven't religiously watched the last few seasons, therefore haven't seen the downfall many of you claim.

We each had our favorite scene in the movie, but anytime they show Homer flipping off people, it's funny.

8. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

I thought it went downhill after the pig scenes. Bart's naked skateboard ride, Homer flipping people off and Marge saying Goddamn it were also highlights...

9. Gutter

Gutter Well-Known Member

I enjoyed it ... although, I was disappointed there was no Kodos, especially at the end.

10. finishthehat

finishthehat Active Member

"That's my whipping arm!!!"

Did anyone stay until the very end of the credits? We tried, and caught some of the extras, but I figured an animation movie's credits would last a half-hour so I gave up. Then I saw a blurb in the newspaper ad that mentioned there was a joke at the very last of the credits.

11. DisembodiedOwlHead

DisembodiedOwlHead Active Member

I stayed through the entire credits. There were 2 or 3 segments of animated jokes. Nothing earth shattering.

12. Gold

Gold Active Member

I thought it was hysterical and my 12-year-old daughter laughed harder than anyone in the theater. Loved every minute.

Draft saved Draft deleted