1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Simpsons Movie

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by zimbabwe, Jul 26, 2007.

1. Herky_Jerky

Herky_Jerky Member

Best. Simpsons movie. Ever.

Regarding Dr. Nick and Nelson, their scenes didn't necessarily allow for audience participation ... other than plenty of laughter.

The movie was chock-full of funny moments, both of the laugh-out-loud and small chuckles variety.

I especially loved that the movie was able to make fun of itself a few times, especially at the very beginning.

2. Rambler

Rambler Member

I just saw it. VERY funny. No audience participation except for the loud-mouth assholes talking and some parents trying to explain some of the adult stuff.

It's terrific the way they show very mature things so quickly that the kiddies miss it but the adults laugh their asses off.

3. Precious Roy

Precious Roy Active Member

Couldn't agree more. Went to the midnight show and though the theater was filled with youngsters that likely were there to see a midnight movie more than a Simpsons movie, I was the happiest I have ever been leaving a movie.

In the words of Comic Book Guy
    "I will only see this movie...... Three more times today!"

4. longgone

longgone Member

Saw it today in a mostly empty theater. Outstanding. Hilarious in many spots. The only minor, minor criticism I would have is that there wasn't enough time to give to the secondary characters like Krusty, Principal Skinner, etc. By the way, be sure to stay through all the credits.

5. PeteyPirate

PeteyPirate Guest

I don't know if this is happening just in my area (DC), but a 7-11 down the street from my place along with some others have transformed into Kwik-E-Marts in a cross promotion with the movie. From what I've heard, they are selling Simpsons-related products inside, as well as pink doughnuts.

6. Precious Roy

They are selling Buzz Cola... I heard this was happening in the Richmond, Va. area, or it was announced there. I would kill for a sixer of Buzz just to keep it around. If there is anyone from that area with a Kwik-E-Mart, I will happily pay for the shipping and cola.

And I left early, was there something really good after the credits? We had to get out of there, the part of town my wife and I saw the movie in is a well known area for shootings late at night.

7. fleishman

fleishman Active Member

that was awesome. i'll be seeing that again and possibly again.

8. Hank_Scorpio

Hank_Scorpio Active Member

7-11 turned a select few stores completely into Kwik-E-Marts.

Others around me just have the Simpsons merchandise and their Slurpee machines say Squishee .

http://www.7-eleven.com/kem.asp

9. Hank_Scorpio

Hank_Scorpio Active Member

Same here. Actually I haven't seen that many movies in the theater since Friday Night Lights (usually just waited for the video to come out).

But I will be seeing this one, most likely on Saturday night. Hopefully I can get to a showing without a bunch of yapping high school kids.

Marge: That silo is leaking.
    Homer: It's not leaking, it's overflowing.
    Marge: He filled up the whole silo by himself?
    Homer: Well, I helped (looking coyly).

10. It is as good as advertised.

Long live Dr. Nick!

11. BYH

BYH Active Member

"Should we kiss to interrupt the uncomfortable silence?"

Albert Brooks had to have voiced Hank Scorpio, right? Took me half the movie to place the voice, but that's Hank all the way.

12. Precious Roy

Oh yeah, I was hoping that Scorpio would save the day.... That would have been awesome

Draft saved Draft deleted