1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Simpsons Movie

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by zimbabwe, Jul 26, 2007.

1. zimbabwe

zimbabwe Active Member

So far, the critics are viewing it with moderate approval (83% on rotten tomatoes).

Even though the series has slipped dramatically, I'm still pretty darn excited.

Who is going to see it?

(The pretzel episode was on last night. A classic)

2. mannheimadler

mannheimadler Member

I'm hoping they have a midnight showing tonight. I've been waiting for this movie all summer (that's right, even more than Transformers, Spiderman and Harry Potter).

3. Precious Roy

Precious Roy Active Member

Midnight showing in my neck of the woods, just called the wife and made plans to attend. This is the most anticipated movie for me in years.

Look out! He is a Spider Pig! [/homer]

4. leo1

leo1 Active Member

i'll see it.

5. BYH

BYH Active Member

Going in two hours. Can't damn wait.

6. markvid

markvid Guest

Spider Pig, Spider Pig..
    Does whatever a Spider Pig does...

7. spup1122

spup1122 Guest

I think we'll buy our tickets for tomorrow's first showing online tonight and then I'll get up and go pick them up in the morning. I don't know if the theater is going to open earlier than normal because it opens 30 minutes before the first showing, but I'm anticipating a line.

8. shockey

shockey Active Member

fwiw, excellent reviews in the n.y. times and newsday. i'm in. 8)

9. SportsGuyBCK

SportsGuyBCK Active Member

And in USA Today ... 3.5 stars out of 4 ...

10. BYH

BYH Active Member

Rest assured I went straight from the midnight showing to the Internet to register my pleasure throughout the world.

That. Was. Awesome.

If you like The Simpsons at all, you must see this. Hysterical from start to finish, and it earns its PG-13 rating in classic fashion.

Awesome. $200 million blockbuster. Well worth the wait.

11. spup1122

spup1122 Guest

We bought our tickets. Going to a 12:15 p.m. showing tomorrow.

12. BYH

BYH Active Member

This is going to be the first movie I see multiple times in a theatre since Pulp Fiction.

Enough inside jokes to reward the longtime fans of the show yet enough standalone jokes to amuse those who are only casual fans.

And I told myself I wouldn't throw a bunch of funny lines out there, but here's two:

"I like men now!"
    "That could have been anyone's silo of pig crap!"

Draft saved Draft deleted