1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Simpsons marathon on FXX

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Batman, Aug 23, 2014.

1. RecoveringJournalist

RecoveringJournalist Well-Known Member

Last night, I watched Radioactive Man, Cape Feare, Marge vs. the monorail and Rosebud before I went to bed. Rosebud wasn't as good as I remembered it, but the other three were perfection. Cape Feare is probably my favorite episode ever.

2. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

I watched "Lisa Gets an A+" from season 10. Wow, they still were cranking out some great ones into the 10th season.

3. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

Haven't wacthed in ages, but my favorites episodes are (in no order):

Homer at the Bat
    Monorail
    Plow King
    when Barney quits drinking

4. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

The consistency lasted a lot longer than I thought it did. I was watching the other day and got sucked in for a couple of hours as a run of four or five all-time classics hit back to back.
    There's still some fantastic episodes in the more recent seasons, they're just not quite as frequent. If the show was an A+ every week from about 1993-99, it's more like a B these days with two or three A+ episodes mixed in. Even when The Simpsons is mediocre, it's still better than most shows could ever hope for.

5. sgreenwell

sgreenwell Well-Known Member

I agree with this. They did hit a lull in the 20s, when they were relying a bit too heavily on the Celebrity of the Week format. But I still find The Simpsons to be really watchable, even the later season episodes.

6. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

I now know the channel number for FXX on my remote...

7. joe

joe Active Member

Most folk'll never eat a skunk
    But then again, some folk'll
    Like Cletus the slack-jawed yokel!

8. Hank_Scorpio

Hank_Scorpio Active Member

Well, it's not quite The Simpsons Channel. But 24 hours in a week is pretty good.

http://uproxx.com/tv/2014/08/fxx-is-pretty-much-going-to-be-the-simpsons-channel-from-now-on/

9. RecoveringJournalist

Talk about a brilliant marketing move for FXX.

10. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

bring back In Living Color and the Tracy Ulman Show and you may have a network, from 1992 I would still watch

11. RecoveringJournalist

Wasn't there a reason why In Living Color wasn't in syndication?

12. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

'It's Garry Shandling's Show' was genius.

Draft saved Draft deleted