1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Simpsons marathon on FXX

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Batman, Aug 23, 2014.

1. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

If anyone gets this channel (the comedy version of FX), they're doing the ultimate "Simpsons" marathon right now. Every episode. Ever. In order. Pretty much 24-7 for as long as it lasts.
    This is pure awesomeness.
    They're in Season 6 right now, which is still the glory years. "Treehouse of Horror V," the one with the "Shining" parody and Homer time traveling, is just starting.

2. I'm waiting for <i>The Simpsons</i> episodes (all except for the current season) to be on the FX Now app in a few months.

3. Hank Scorpio - - you're up NOW!!!!!!!

4. expendable

expendable Well-Known Member

I was just on my way here to post.

5. ColdCat

ColdCat Well-Known Member

I already set the DVR for 6 a.m. Tuesday- Grift of the Magi, with special guest Gary Coleman (he's a few prawns short of a galaxy)

6. ColdCat

ColdCat Well-Known Member

currently on, Itchy and Scratchy and Poochie

7. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Homer as the Beer Baron coming up at 11 p.m. EST

8. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

This whole thing, start to finish, is going to last 12 days at a 24-7 pace. It's stunning to think that they could probably launch a Simpsons channel that just re-airs the old episodes and the movie, and they'd probably have enough programming that it'd never get old.

9. expendable

expendable Well-Known Member

I've been glued to the TV for nearly the entire weekend. I'm such a loser.

10. sgreenwell

sgreenwell Well-Known Member

"The Simpsons Channel" probably would get significant play at my place, just as a back-up whenever something else isn't on. My parents still watch a couple episodes a week, even though it's been in syndication more than a decade now.

11. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

I watched that one. I still crack up when the cat gets launched by the catapult.

12. RecoveringJournalist

RecoveringJournalist Well-Known Member

I have roughly 200 episodes on the DVR right now.

Draft saved Draft deleted