1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The shocking adventures of Chef's Coed Softball Team......

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Chef, Mar 25, 2008.

1. pallister

pallister Guest

If nothing else, we could put together a game of touch football in the hotel parking lot. I'm sure no one would get hurt.

2. Angola!

Angola! Guest

In June in Seattle there is about a 40/60 chance of it being warm, at least warm for those of us living in the south. Shit, it'll probably be in the 60s and all the pasty white chicks in Seattle will be wearing limited clothing showing off their non-existent tans.
    Kind of embarrassing, really.
    And mikey, you should grow a "financial" pair and find a way to be there.

3. Angola!

Angola! Guest

Since you have lots of tats, I don't think I want to play you in touch football. You would probably push me down, laugh and then tell me I owed you a beer.

4. buckweaver

buckweaver Active Member

Definitely. Lost at least two teeth that I can remember from grounders on rocky infields. And I once took a bad-hop line drive off my right eyebrow when I was 16 (damn those aluminum bats); it swelled so bad that it hung over the eye socket for three days. Couldn't open my eye for those three days until the swelling went down. Knocked me out so hard that when I woke up, I somehow had chalk from the foul line on my right shoulder, even though I was playing a deep first base off the line. I don't remember how I got there at all.

The concussion and subsequent migraines for a month weren't fun, but I lived. Coolest injury I've ever had.

5. Clever username

Clever username Active Member

Dad?

6. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

It probably won't happen this year. I've got a wedding halfway across the country and another couple on the East. But I will one of these times ... maybe.

7. Clever username

You get any sympathy head, you know, to help with the headaches?

8. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

Was the batter safe?

9. Angola!

Angola! Guest

You should tell your friends who are getting married that you will go to their second wedding.

I forgive you for selling out, but not Clever. He has no excuse.

10. Clever username

I actually have a really good one. Just not one I'm prepared to share with the board.

11. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

If I do that, I'll be demoted from best man to head usher, and that's not a good deal, dude. Ask Danny.

Clever's probably going to be busy socializing or leading Bible study classes. You know, the kinds of things he's known for around these parts.

12. Angola!

Angola! Guest

Just busting your balls, man.

Draft saved Draft deleted