1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The shocking adventures of Chef's Coed Softball Team......

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Chef, Mar 25, 2008.

1. EmbassyRow

EmbassyRow Active Member

I get scared every time Chef starts talking beer-league softball. He's seen me at my worst.

Hey, Chef...still got that old bright orange coed championship shirt?

2. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

When a team is bad enough to have me - bad knees and no speed - playing outfield, you know there's trouble.

First base? Maybe. The experts would correctly assert that I'm not big enough, but I'm lanky and, unlike some first basemen on this thread, am not afraid of the ball.

3. Clever username

Clever username Active Member

Ever play with guys who pull cleats out of a shoe box before every game and wear batting gloves? I have.

4. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

I keep my cleats in my bat bag.

5. Clever username

I guess I can't say anything because I just bought a pair for some summer league activities I plan on partaking in, but I'll actually need them for that sport. Slow-pitch softball? Not so much.

6. Flash

Flash Guest

It's the guys in jeans that make me laugh.

And then there is that one guy on the team that thinks wearing the No. 69 is still funny.

7. Clever username

What about the guys in jean shorts who pull cleats out of a shoe box before every game? I shit you not.

8. Flash

Flash Guest

Stop. Those are the people we mock. And it's easily another two months before I have to pull out my best material at the ballpark.

9. pallister

pallister Guest

I always like the guys who come to the ballpark and play in their work clothes. Nothin' like tryin' to play softball in loafers and a long-sleeved collared shirt.

10. Clever username

This conversation just made me tighten the screw-ins on my cleats. Fuck, I can't wait until summer.

11. Clever username

That is extremely disconcerting.

12. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

I played with this guy a couple years ago who was dolled up in bright white baseball pants and stirrups. We made him bring the water to each game before hiding out in right-center.

Draft saved Draft deleted