1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

"The Shining" alert!!!!

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by kingcreole, Apr 14, 2007.

1. kingcreole

kingcreole Active Member

On the SciFi channel, with about two hours to go.

I'll never forget my grandpa letting my brother and I watch this when we were little. I was scarred for the next 10 years or so, haunted by, "Come and play with us Danny."

By the time I saw "The Shining" again, I was in high school and I remember laughing almost the entire way. Not because the movie was bad, but because Jack Nicholson played such a lunatic that it's hilarious.

"Wendy ... darling ... light of my life, I'm not going to hurt you. You didn't let me finish. I said, I'm not going to hurt you. I'm just going to bash your brains in. I'm gonna bash them right the fuck in!"

2. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

3. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

I live in an historic hotel, and the rugs in the narrow hallways -- think Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas, the movie, when Depp trips the fuck out and the puke-a-delic-colored rug in the bar comes to life -- makes friends who come here to visit say, "God, this is like The Shining." I wanna buy a bigwheel and ride it through the corridors. Redrum!

4. Clever username

Clever username Active Member

And what, praytell, is stopping you?

5. Sxysprtswrtr

Sxysprtswrtr Active Member

Love this movie, even though it aged Jack Nicholas 20 years.

6. Clever username

Clever username Active Member

Just follow that tennis ball, Xan.

[​IMG]

7. Songbird

Oh, man. That takes me back to Josie Avenue in Long Beach, riding that thang around the block, hopped up on tablespoons of sugar and boxes of Sugar Daddies. I loved my Bigwheel. Redrum!

8. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

Songbird only should do it if he can wear this sweater:

[​IMG]

9. Songbird

I'll wear it, I swear. That sweater, and my Aquaman underoos bottoms.

10. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

HEEEEERE'S JOHNNY!

[​IMG]

11. Norman Stansfield

Norman Stansfield Active Member

Any movie with Scatman Crothers in it RULES!!!

12. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

The kid only acted in one other movie. He wasn't even told he was acting in a horror movie. He is now a teacher.

Draft saved Draft deleted