1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Shield

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by JNEWFIFTY, Sep 2, 2008.

?

Who is most likely to die when we're all said and done?

1. Vic

13.6%
  2. Shane

59.1%
  3. Ronnie

9.1%
  4. Aceveda

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Other

18.2%
  1. EStreetJoe

EStreetJoe Well-Known Member

agree-- holy shit it was a tremendous episode. Vic may have his freedom at the end of this series, but the things he values most - the badge and his family will be gone.
    If this episode was this good, I can't wait to see how good the final 5 are.

2. Just_An_SID

Just_An_SID Well-Known Member

Awesome episode tonight.

I watched it twice just so I wouldn't miss anything.

Can't wait to see how this thing ends up.

3. daveevansedge

daveevansedge Member

I'm still watching -- 15 minutes left. Shane is screwed. Wow. This is unbelievable.

4. I thought Shane was going to commit suicide when he first got into his pickup truck, but then I remembered that Walton Goggins's (the actor who plays him) wife committed suicide in real life. I don't know whether that would have factored into any plot points, but I also don't think it's out of the possible for a guy like Vic, either.

I think it's interesting that Vic hasn't bagged the female ICE agent. I think that would have happened in earlier seasons, but I think they're showing that she is his equal.

5. daveevansedge

daveevansedge Member

Yep, Shane is screwed, and there's only one way Vic and Ronnie aren't completely screwed -- and even then, it will be messy as hell. Wow. I didn't see any of this coming tonight, beyond Shane's plan to try to off Ronnie. The next few weeks are going to be unreal. Unbelievable hour of TV. Sucks that this show is going way, but it appears it will definitely go out with a big bang.

6. ArnoldBabar

ArnoldBabar Active Member

Not much more to add except another holy shit, what an hour of TV. Been with this show from the very start, and can't wait to see what the final weeks bring. Based on tonight, should be some electric stuff.

7. Mystery_Meat

Mystery_Meat Guest

I'm hoping Vic's resignation means this stops being a cop show, we leave the stupid subplots involving Dani's baby and Billings behind and it's nothing but Vic v. Shane the rest of the way.

Tonight's show was so good it made my penis get a boner.

8. daveevansedge

daveevansedge Member

MM, that last line has to be the most stunning review of any TV show/movie/concert/etc. ever posted on SportsJournalists.com.

However, I'm guessing they won't leave all subplots behind -- after finally sorting out tonight's riveting hour, I realized Dani wasn't shown even once. And with the way last week ended, I've got to assume they're going to show us what she ended up doing to solve her situation (I'm trying like hell to avoid spoilers, just in case).

That doesn't mean I'm really interested in the Dani-Vic stuff. I'm with MM on just letting this latest development with Vic, Ronnie and Shane completely explode as the show nears its end.

I can't top MM's finishing line, so I won't even try.

9. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

I know the main thrust of final episodes will be Shane v. Vic, but I was really hoping Aceveda would get his comeuppance. The guy has been a prick since Day One, he really was the guy that got the ball rolling downhill bringing Terry on board.

But to me, the best part of the episode tonight was when Weem yelled at Mackey from up in her office. The show has so many internal gears spinning. It's always a treat when everything gets laid out on the table.

10. SlickWillie71

SlickWillie71 Member

In a series filled with "WTF did I just see" moments, the last 15-20 minutes of last night's episode left me speechless.

I can't see Aceveda leaving unscathed. I keep thinking the woman he simulated rape with after his Big Gulp is going to come back to haunt him. Far-fetched as it would be, but a spin-off with Billings and Dutch would be funny to see.

11. Riddick

Riddick Active Member

The writers really made up for last year's shitty season. Way to go! Fuckin awesome episode.

12. Highway 101

Highway 101 Active Member

I think the writers slowed the pace a bit for this episode — which still runs at 100 rpm.

Claudette gets a half-truth keeping Ronnie's ass clean; Vic escapes despite carrying a concealed; Vic's wife threw the biggest wrench of the show.

Then I saw the trailer for next and might understand why the writers throttled down a bit. Keep the kids away from the TV next week.

I think the bloodbath begins.

I still don't know who will be standing. I won't take any bets. And I can't wait.

Draft saved Draft deleted